Fort Clatsop was the winter encampment for the Corps of discovery from December 1805 to March 1806. The visitor center includes the Fort Clatsop exhibit built by the explorers, an interpretive center offering an exhibit hall, gift shop and an orientation film. The center features ranger-led programs, re-enactors in the fort and trailheads for the Fort To Sea Trail and Netul River Trail as well as restrooms and a picnic area.
The park is open every day of the year except December 25th. Costumed programs are scheduled during the summer months, beginning mid-june and ending Labor Day weekend.