• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 thedogslife

thedogslife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:46 PM

I've heard rumor that FWC is or will be upgrading to the Maxx Air fans in the new models.  Has anyone else heard this? Anyone receive a new camper that has one installed from the factory yet?  Hoping the rumor is true as that would be a nice upgrade for my Hawk that's on order. I wasn't thrilled with the fantastic fan in my Eagle.  

#2 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:49 PM

The Maxx Air is definitely a better product and easy to install.

#3 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:52 PM

I read on Four Wheel Camper Owners Facebook that MaxxAir was being offered

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#4 Geologist

Geologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationColoma, California

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:03 PM

New Hawk delivered in Oct 2020.  I requested a Maxx Air fan and it was installed at no extra charge.

John

KK6TNB

#5 heinphoto

heinphoto

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:13 PM

New Hawk delivered in Oct 2020.  I requested a Maxx Air fan and it was installed at no extra charge.

We ordered our Grandby in February of 2020 and it was delivered in August of 2020.  I tried repeatedly to get them to install Maxx Air fans in place of the Fantastic Fans.  I even spoke with the CEO, Robert, about it on one of our visits. They wouldn't consider it at the time.  It sounds like I missed that option by a couple of months.  I will probably eventually replace at least one of the Fantastic Fans with a Maxx Air, but it would have been nice to have them installed by the factory.  Heavy sigh...

FWC Slide-in Grandby and OEV Aluma Tray on a Ford F350 Supercab with the 6.2L Gas Engine.

http://www.heinphoto.com/

IG: heinphoto

#6 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:22 PM

Last I looked on the price list it wasn’t there which was last week. I asked for one when I ordered my Hawk and just go “We don’t sell those”. But I heard they are easy to install and will probably a lot less. But did Geologist say they did it “no charge”? Are we talking about FWC!? :) 

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

#7 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,771 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:15 AM

After owning multiple rv's with Fantastic vents,  I removed the latest 2 on the Hawk and replaced them with Maxx Air vents. Easy enough swap and I like these much better. 

20190702_180553_resized.jpg

20190702_180446_resized.jpg

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#8 BrianG

BrianG

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorthern Nevada

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:24 AM

Pvstoy,

Was the Max Air a direct drop in or did it require cutting a larger hole in the roof. I have a 2015 Hawk also. I did upgrade my factory Fantastic Fan to the variable speed. When screwing down the Max Air, do the new screws just go into the sheet aluminum roof or roof members?

Also, what solar panels are you using?

Thanks,

Brian

2018 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel, 2015 Hawk Silver Spur Exterior, Front Dinette

#9 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:59 PM

Pvstoy,

Was the Max Air a direct drop in or did it require cutting a larger hole in the roof. I have a 2015 Hawk also. I did upgrade my factory Fantastic Fan to the variable speed. When screwing down the Max Air, do the new screws just go into the sheet aluminum roof or roof members?

Also, what solar panels are you using?

Thanks,

Brian

The vent size are standardized and it is a direct drop in replacement. The vent hole is framed in with aluminum square tubing and both the MaxxAir and Fantastic Fan screw into this. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#10 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:27 PM

I'm glad they are doing that.  My experience with Fantastic Fans (i.e. Dometic) has not been stellar and customer service is terrible.  I could write a book on the issues I've had, the hassles, etc. even when their documentation for installation was proven to them to be wrong vs. what they told me I did wrong.  

Go Maxx and I hope Dometic follows this forum and they learn to read their own documentation.

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users