• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Southern Sierra

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

While researching portable awnings, such as the Kely Carport (thanks KC, Tomas and Sunman for your input) for our trip to the north country in July and August, I came across the Big Agnes Twin Butte Car Tarp, and bought one. I have not seen one mentioned either here or on ExPo, so I thought I would share the info. It is fairly light weight (9 lbs. 4 oz.), quite small when in the storage mode (23" x 7"), and relatively easy to set up. In the attached photo, I have it attached to the roof rack. I also bought the optional bug room. When using the bug room, the tarp needs to be attached to the camper just above the rear door so that the distance between the outer edges of the tarp and the ground is uniform. In order to accomodate that type of mounting, Jeff and Marty at ATC engineered and fabricated some aluminum mounting brackets. We did not use the tarp very much on the trip because we usually arrived in camp fairly late and left early in the AM, and never spent two nights in the same campground. However, it will likely get much use on future trips. It is a very well made unit. BTW, it wouild also easily mount on either side of the camper by attaching it to the roof brackets.

Richard

Attached Thumbnails

• Camp2.jpg

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#2 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

While researching portable awnings, such as the Kely Carport (thanks KC, Tomas and Sunman for your input) for our trip to the north country in July and August, I came across the Big Agnes Twin Butte Car Tarp, and bought one. I have not seen one mentioned either here or on ExPo, so I thought I would share the info. It is fairly light weight (9 lbs. 4 oz.), quite small when in the storage mode (23" x 7"), and relatively easy to set up. In the attached photo, I have it attached to the roof rack. I also bought the optional bug room. When using the bug room, the tarp needs to be attached to the camper just above the rear door so that the distance between the outer edges of the tarp and the ground is uniform. In order to accomodate that type of mounting, Jeff and Marty at ATC engineered and fabricated some aluminum mounting brackets. We did not use the tarp very much on the trip because we usually arrived in camp fairly late and left early in the AM, and never spent two nights in the same campground. However, it will likely get much use on future trips. It is a very well made unit. BTW, it wouild also easily mount on either side of the camper by attaching it to the roof brackets.

Richard

Looks good, glad it ended up working out for you. Sure would like to see the screen room attached and dialed in sometime down the line.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#3 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Southern Sierra

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

Looks good, glad it ended up working out for you. Sure would like to see the screen room attached and dialed in sometime down the line.

I will set it up at home as soon as I can and post a photo or two. We did not have need for the screen room on our trip so the set up will be a first for me.

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#4 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

This thread has been dutifully added to our Ultimate Awning Thread. Thanks, it looks good.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users