Where to mount a Wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 esimmers

esimmers

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

I see several people have installed a Wave 3. I'd like to get one but I can't figure out where to mount it in my Hawk. Can anyone post pictures or descriptions of their installation?

#2 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

esimmers,
Link below for my install:

http://www.wanderthe...hp?/topic/2549/

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#3 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

In my Grandby the regular heater was on the drivers side back corner. I removed it and the fridge and used the existing propane line by attaching a 5' flexible line. In transit the Wave 3 sits on its legs on the floor where the furnace was. When I want to use it I just pull it out into the center of the camper about a foot in front of the back door. The flexible line gives you placement options. I think the leg option is necessary. The also have a cover which I bought but it doesn't fit all that great with the legs installed but I use it and the plastic bag it was shipped in :lol: It takes me one minute to light it and then the heat starts to build and it does a good job.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#4 n0izh

n0izh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationConcho, Arizona

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

I see several people have installed a Wave 3. I'd like to get one but I can't figure out where to mount it in my Hawk. Can anyone post pictures or descriptions of their installation?

I mount my Wave6 on the rear wood support. The hooks from one of those black rubber bungy work perfect and hook over the top of the wood. I use my Wave6 in my travel trailer and my sailboat so didn't need a permanent install. I did find the roof ceiling temp got hotter than I would like though. I bought one of those big disposable aluminum turkey roasting pans, punched the hooks through it and let it sit like a hat overhanging the front. That stopped the hot ceiling problem, but it looks a bit beverly hillbilly! I'll make something that has a more finished look to it with a small muffin fan to move the hot air around soon. Another reason for mounting the wave up high away from the floor is it prevents singed hair on the camping cats! For propane, I have a hose that hooks to an external tank that runs out through the passenger rear turnbuckle, or I can use the propane line that is installed behind the icebox for the 3 way fridge. I have the fittings and hose for that, just haven't drilled the access hole for the hose yet. The Waves are great for no DC power heating, and are really fuel efficient. I ran mine once on low the whole time for ten days off a 20 pound tank and still felt like a 1/4 tank or more left when I shook the tank

John
2002 Dodge 2500 Diesel 1998 Granby Engle Front Load Fridge Wave6 Heater Solar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users