Weight

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cdbrow1

cdbrow1

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:28 PM

I thought I would put this out there for folks who are interested. 

My 2015 GMC Duramax 4x4 weighs 7,013lbs empty (according to GMC - not weighed) 

With my 2015 Fiberglass Hawk Self Contained plus gear water and food the total weight is 9,700. 

GVWR is 10,000. 

The empty weight minus total weight gives us 2707. Not all of that is in the camper. I have a replacement front bumper and winch as well and a fair amount of gear in the cab (plus passengers). I would put the camper at ~2,300 (wet weight). 

I do carry smithbuilt compressor, high lift handle-all, 14,000GVWR Pull-Pal and quite a bit tools. I travel my myself a lot and needs to be able to self recover. I am probably a bit heavier than most people. 

Truck handles fine - especially after adding a Hellwig front swaybar to replace the stock unit. 

#2 Cooter

Cooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

I had my Hawk installed at the factory in June 2015.  They weigh them at the factory and give you a certificate with your paperwork.  Mine weighed 1240.  I have it on a F150 which easily handles the weight.  Only modification is Torklift Stableloads.  Not sure if this helps as my Hawk options are probably different than yours.

#3 dasadab

dasadab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

I am also looking at a new Chevy Duramax.  You have the 3/4 ton?  I am leaning toward the Grandby on a 6-6" bed--need the short bed for city driving and the Grandby for a little more real estate. 

#4 LookyLou

LookyLou

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:58 AM

I am also looking at a new Chevy Duramax.  You have the 3/4 ton?  I am leaning toward the Grandby on a 6-6" bed--need the short bed for city driving and the Grandby for a little more real estate.

This is my configuration except on the 3500 for pretty much the same reason, interior room and shorter wheelbase. We like it.

#5 cdbrow1

cdbrow1

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

I had my Hawk installed at the factory in June 2015.  They weigh them at the factory and give you a certificate with your paperwork.  Mine weighed 1240.  I have it on a F150 which easily handles the weight.  Only modification is Torklift Stableloads.  Not sure if this helps as my Hawk options are probably different than yours.

I never got a weight cert. I got mine in January 2015.

#6 cdbrow1

cdbrow1

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

Mine is the 3/4 ton. I forgot to post that I added sumo supersprings in the back. If I was getting the Grandby self contained I might think about the 1 ton.

#7 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

Everyone should get a CAT scale weight on their camper. Best $10.00 I have spent to know what my build added to the camper. Next time you are going to take your camper find a scale near your location. Get a weight before and after you take your camper off. My camper was right on 1200 pounds with full propane and empty water tank. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Weight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users