• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 myfootstepsfirm

myfootstepsfirm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:04 AM

I've posted on WTW a few times about my Alaskan travel trailer that I converted to a travel trailer. I LOVE the conversion and it has served me well. 

I've been dating for the past 6 months and my new "better half" started going camping with me. I've heard no complaints but I suspect a real toilet, shower, A/C, and modern amenities would be greatly appreciated. 

That said, I've decided to (reluctantly) sell the Alaskan and buy a new, modern travel trailer.

It's mounted to a 6x8 cargo trailer (purchased brand new) and skinned with white sheet aluminum under a 3/4" square stock steel frame for support. 

I rebuilt all four roof pistons and installed new o-rings. The manual pump weeps a little oil but works well...I could not see spending $700 on a new pump (as quoted by Brian Wheat). 

Overall, it's in great shape and is ready for adventure. Original stove works well and original rebuilt furnace works well...just keep in mind that it's a 60 year old truck camper in it's original condition. For the most part, I did not touch the exterior of the camper or interior other than having the seat cushions professionally reupholstered. I did remove, clean up, and reseal the front and rear windows with new butyl tape and silicone caulk. The roof vent was done in the same manner. I did not get around to doing the big side windows. 

Laden with my all my gear, the entire rig weighs 1,900 lbs as per a certified weigh station in Phoenix. 

I live in Mesa AZ. Asking price is $5,000...which is a fair price considering the parts and labor involved. If anyone is interested let me know. I thought I'd post here before placing an ad on Craigslist, Offer Up, or FB. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Alaskan_rear copy.jpg
  • Alaskan_Vespa.jpg
  • Alaskan_Truck.jpg

#2 myfootstepsfirm

myfootstepsfirm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:05 AM

A few interior shots:

Alaskan Interior_Final.jpg
Alaskan_Stove.jpg
alaskan.jpg

#3 hebegebe

hebegebe

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationLA and San Diego

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

A few interior shots:

#4 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

You did a nice job with that conversion.

David Graves

#5 myfootstepsfirm

myfootstepsfirm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

David,

Thanks for the compliment! It was a super fun project...actually not super keen about selling it.

For me it's perfect...I have a small portable tent set up outside as a shower / toilet...and I don't care about the A/C and other stuff. 

I've heard no complaints but modern amenities for many newbie campers is a "must"...and I'm good with that. I'm just happy to share my love of camping with someone. 

Again, if anyone is interested, please let me know. 

#6 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:16 AM

Beautiful camper and setup! I don't even mind not having a bathroom in mine. 

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#7 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,253 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:37 PM

moved to gear exchange

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#8 Fielding.dots

Fielding.dots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOakland, California

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:07 AM

Is this still available?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alaskan, travel trailer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users