• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2022 - 06:54 PM

We maximized floor space in our build by using flip up chairs and a lagun table.

Hey Vic, how have those flip up chairs working for you? I just went back to your build post last week and have been thinking of doing the same. 
Also dealing with a 83 pound black lab! 

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

#12 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 10 February 2022 - 07:45 PM

The chairs are in two major components, the actual seating surface and the seat support that flips out.  The actual seats are great.  Super comfy and of course portable, so we can use them in multiple locations/orientations.  The wife likes to turn hers so that she sits on the passenger rear side with her feet up on the propane cabinet.  Or turn the front seat sideways to get stuff out of the fridge for meal prep.

The supports themselves require some caution and thinking.  The brackets I used some super sharp edges on them that I have filed down (not until after I gouged my right thigh out enough to require stitches!)  They also don't like side loads, and will bend and collapse.  I created some braces for them using c-channel alum that is working really well.  

We tend to leave the rearmost seat unused and in the down position, leaving lots of room to move about in the camper.  The lagun table gets used more for my office work while on the road than for eating, as we eat outside 99% of the time.  The front seat is often open and is used for fridge access as well as a very nice step for getting in/out of bed. 

The long skinny shelf that is formed by the Z-shape of the floorpack holds all of our electronics - MPPT, ACDC and DCDC chargers as well as our Cellphone booster/wifi router.  

Very happy with that part of the build!

#13 HotCheesePanda

HotCheesePanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 09:04 PM

Once again, thanks! I am overwhelmed by how helpful everyone is on WTW.

Greg, I would be very interested in seeing your shell. That would give me an idea about spacing and what not.

Thanks again everyone!

#14 Atlin

Atlin

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSequim, WA; Atlin, BC

Posted 11 February 2022 - 04:02 PM

HCP, I sent you a PM with contact info.

#15 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 13 February 2022 - 03:18 AM

Greg, I would be very interested in seeing your shell. That would give me an idea about spacing and what not.

Thanks again everyone!

use my email to contact, and we can work out a date/time for you to take a look.

Oregon

#16 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 13 February 2022 - 03:19 AM

use my email to contact, and we can work out a date/time for you to take a look.

oops, here is email - maildgo@msn.com

Oregon

#17 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 10:12 PM

We pick up new Cougar shell in about three weeks. I am doing most of the build out with a side dinette, front bench seat and cabinets with fridge, stove, sink, etc.    Will post some photos as that goes along, but might be later than you need. 

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#18 KLillie

KLillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 08:48 PM

We pick up new Cougar shell in about three weeks. I am doing most of the build out with a side dinette, front bench seat and cabinets with fridge, stove, sink, etc.    Will post some photos as that goes along, but might be later than you need. 

I'm curious. Does ATC contact you before they start the build to finalize stuff? I Should be getting mine in around November or December. 

#19 drumwood

drumwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 12:25 AM

Thanks again everyone!

Here is my Bobcat build, in case it helps.

https://www.wanderth...?hl=prototyping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users