• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 DoGMAtix

DoGMAtix

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

I will post a new thread soon under "Hallmark and other brands" to document our installation issue. We've got some ideas about how to fix it but since there are others out there with Hallmarks on Dodge Rams we don't want to reinvent the wheel by trial and error if we don't have to.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L CTD short bed quad cab, 2008 Hallmark Guanella

#42 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

I will post a new thread soon under "Hallmark and other brands" to document our installation issue. We've got some ideas about how to fix it but since there are others out there with Hallmarks on Dodge Rams we don't want to reinvent the wheel by trial and error if we don't have to.

I got the same "chains are as good as anything" talk from Bill. Andy also did our installation and made a couple of errors with the turnbuckles. I highly recommend Torklift frame-mounted tiedowns and turnbuckles. 

As for the truck fit, I'll wait to see the photos. Ours is a Guanella in an 8-foot box on a high-density 3/4-inch pad; no other spacers. Once I got the turnbuckles figured out it has been solid on some very rough roads. 

Edited by Bigfoot, 11 September 2015 - 02:17 AM.

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 CTD, Crew Cab, 8' box, Hallmark Guanella 

#43 DoGMAtix

DoGMAtix

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:24 AM

So you didn't need any of those 2x4's? Just lay the flat plywood bottom of the camper on the truck bed (with mat) and tie it down? Looks like we may be a bit tight if we try that (not clearing side rails by much as is), but we'll take a look.

Are you solid on very rough roads with the Happijac box-mounted system on front with AnchorGuard turnbuckles? That may be our most cost effective next step.

#44 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

So you didn't need any of those 2x4's? Just lay the flat plywood bottom of the camper on the truck bed (with mat) and tie it down? Looks like we may be a bit tight if we try that (not clearing side rails by much as is), but we'll take a look.

Are you solid on very rough roads with the Happijac box-mounted system on front with AnchorGuard turnbuckles? That may be our most cost effective next step.

Ours has 4 thin slats that run the length of the camper under the floor material (Coosa, I think). That rests on the 3/4-inch pad and clears the top of the pickup box by 1-1/4 inch. On rough roads the camper moves around a little bit sideways but stays put lengthwise, and the turnbuckles have not needed retightening. Sounds like your camper may be of different dimensions and construction, so you may need the 2x4 crossmembers for clearance. 

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 CTD, Crew Cab, 8' box, Hallmark Guanella 

#45 DoGMAtix

DoGMAtix

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

Got the mounting issue solved, or so it seems. Here's a link to a separate post on that.

http://www.wanderthe...rt-bed-project/

Overall now we're really happy with our choice of a Hallmark Guanella, it's proven to be a very comfortable and efficient home away from home for my wife, 2 year old twins and me!

#46 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:04 AM

Lots of good info on this thread.   :-)

and

i myself would never expect a follow up call or email after the purchase. 

I think the usual thing is.... if there is a problem, the purchaser should just contact the manufacturer. 

just my 2c 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users