Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

• Please log in to reply
895 replies to this topic

#671 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 03 July 2022 - 07:17 PM

Sierra

I am haunted by waters

#672 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 09 July 2022 - 07:55 PM

Marty Atkinson passed a couple of days ago. He was a staff writer in Nashville, put out several albums on his own as well as supporting other artists. He was also an excellent carpenter - my mom had a story of him hammering and sawing while singing "I Wish I Were A Single Girl Again".

Edited by teledork, 09 July 2022 - 07:57 PM.

#673 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 July 2022 - 05:56 PM

something a little different.......................................

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#674 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,287 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 13 July 2022 - 07:42 PM

Nice upbeat music.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#675 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,078 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 July 2022 - 03:46 PM

The Uilleann Pipes are now the national bagpipe of Ireland. The name, "uilleann," comes from the Irish word for elbow. Instead of blowing to inflate the bag, a bellows is attached to the waist and arm. That way the piper can also sing (or talk, or drink).

As they say in Ireland "that would make a glass eye cry"

The Fox's Lament

Youtube

Spotify

https://open.spotify...NTuO9KnXeNRc9hg

Edited by buckland, 14 July 2022 - 03:50 PM.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#676 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 04:28 PM

"that would make a glass eye cry"  

:) 

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#677 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 15 July 2022 - 11:11 PM

Absolutely LOVE the sound of the Uilleann pipes. They did make my late husband cry. I tried to get someone to play at his memorial but too many things happened along the way. 

#678 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,078 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 July 2022 - 11:20 PM

They are indeed a sound that transports the mind and soul to a place that one hopes is higher still. When I left teaching after 28 years, a teammate hired a Uilleann pipes player...unbeknownst to me, at the end of the day I heard him play outside my classroom... I walked out and there was a crowd of kids who frankly love any chaos in the day...we marched around the whole school and through the halls. I was crying like a baby. A fine sendoff of a kind,.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#679 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 15 July 2022 - 11:27 PM

They are indeed a sound that transports the mind and soul to a place that one hopes is higher still. When I left teaching after 28 years, a teammate hired a Uilleann pipes player...unbeknownst to me, at the end of the day I heard him play outside my classroom... I walked out and there was a crowd of kids who frankly love any chaos in the day...we marched around the whole school and through the halls. I was crying like a baby. A fine sendoff of a kind,.

excellent!

#680 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 12:11 AM

A very grand story! Thank you. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users