3 replies to this topic

#1 Oly Bill

Oly Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOlympia, WA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

All RV Owners should seriously consider buying the PowerAll Battery Charger for about $100. It's works great for me! I do not leave home without it.

For a very small Battery Charger > see the "PowerAll" at: http://www.amazon.co...ords=PBJS12000R

#2 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:26 AM

Here's a similar product that is a bit more but got a good review by Jonathon Hansen at ExPo:

http://antigravityba...com/microstart/

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#3 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

Food for thought for prospective buyers of these jump-box units...

In an earlier post I noted my nephew had destroyed a similar box when he accidently connected it up backwards (i.e., reverse polarity).  So that led me to look through comments on the PowerAll version, where I see:

"I hooked it up backwards with my son sitting not the four wheeler ready to start it and the little box in the cable immediately caught fire when I made the connections which subsequently caught my son's pants on fire. STAY AWAY until someone comes out with an idiot proof unit that is safe!"

-- (one-star review posted by 'Phil' on October 9, 2014)

"THE UNIT HAS NO REVERSE POLARITY CIRCUIT PROTECTION and the whole unit becomes very hot in a split of a second when jump started in a reverse polarity. The connector sparks, grows, catch a small fire and melted!!! The unit becomes very hot. Luckily it didn't exploded or cause any injuries. The unit won't take any charges now and becomes useless. A very costly mistake. VERY VERY DANGEROUS & scary experience / PRODUCT. THAT'S why I have a second review and it comes down to ONE STAR rating."

-- (one-star review posted by Hei S Poon on September 13, 2014)

I've not put a whole lot of time into this but it appears the way to get reverse-polarity protection would be to buy one of the Antigravity Batteries XP1, XP3 or XP5 units and buy the optional Smart-Clamps for an additional $25 =OR= buy the XP10 which has the Smart Clamps included. 

Of course the other option is to just decide to never hook it up backwards!  But then again we also have to consider whether that's the best answer for others who might use it.... (like my nephew!)

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#4 Oly Bill

Oly Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOlympia, WA

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

Also see: http://www.wanderthe...es/#entry116591

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battery, Charger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users