#1 SB_Surf

SB_Surf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Has anyone heard any news since the Sep 2014 Leaf Spring Recall notice, and when the new & improved leafs will be available?

2018 Sprinter, 2013 FWC Fleet on 2010 Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed

#2 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

Toyota has not released the info yet. Working for a dealer, I have a lot of customer concerns about recall. We will just have to wait and see what the fix is. Although I have seen a few springs that have cracked.

#3 LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

I had my springs replaced last summer [2014] on my 2011 Tacoma.There has been a TSB on rear leafsprings for more than a few years on 2nd gen Tacomas.I told the dealer service writer that my  truck was bottoming out when loaded with camping gear.It had only 16,000 miles and I was getting ready to swap the FWC Eagle off my 97 T100.I also added Hellwig AAL's and Firestone air bags.I am very happy with this setup but I still think the T-100 is [was]the best truck Toyota evey made.

2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad / 2014 ATC Bobcat / Tucson,Az

#4 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

My Taco-driving buddy lives in Seattle and his 2006 had the "bad" rear springs and I recall they were subject to that TSB.  He had a good and longstanding business relationship with his dealership, right down to them performing all scheduled maintenance.  The outcome for him was, I believe, no charge for the replacement rear springs and all related mounting pieces and parts, and something like $600 labor charge which he paid.

He's now semi-retired and keeps enough gear (plus the topper's weight) in his Taco to max out the GVWR, so he's very happy with his upgraded rear springs and his E-rated Michelin rubber.

Foy

#5 LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:26 PM

The cost for spring replacement under the TSB should be zero, including labor!

2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad / 2014 ATC Bobcat / Tucson,Az

#6 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

My spring replacement was free from Toyota for a 2007.
RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#7 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

There are actually 2 different situations on the rear springs which shouldn't be confused. The first is a TSB issued years ago for "harsh ride." Under the TSB, Toyota replaced the rear springs, adding an overload leaf, if requested by the customer. The more recent event is a recall (October 2014) due to the possibility of a spring leaf breaking and punching a hole in the gas tank or hitting the brake lines. As mentioned above, we are still waiting for more information from Toyota on this recall.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tacoma, recall, leaf, spring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users