8 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

Folks, if you are going to post a topic that is really more across brand or interest boundaries, it would be best to not place it under a specific sub forum.   

An example would be a "What kind of chemicals do you use in your porta potti?" thread that was posted in the XP Camper Brand Discussions.   A topic like this would be more useful if it was in the generic Truck Campers forum.   Again, not brand specific.  It would also make it easier for the site team, as we sometimes need to move a thread to a more appropriate forum.

Another request would be to try and avoid competing threads.   When we have multiple threads on the same topic, it makes it harder for members to find the information.

Thanks in Advance!

Wandering Sagebrush

I am haunted by waters

#2 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:04 PM

Where do I post my rabid political thoughts? J/K. Definitely good info there.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#3 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:36 AM

Posting generically -- outside of a brand-specific subforum -- whenever appropriate helps more people to see content that may be relevant to them, no matter what brand of rig they have.

It also helps the poster get more helpful responses if a broader group reads them.

Of course, questions about camper frames or floors or OEM wiring, etc. are usually brand-specific questions and should be posted in the appropriate brand-specific sub-forum.

On the other hand, many brands install the same refrigerators and furnaces, etc., For example, the fridge that came in my FWC Hawk is the same model found in my friends' Rialta mini-motor home...so it's not even specific to RV-type.  And after-market solar, for example, is definitely not brand-specific.  

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:47 AM

I believe that the Site Rules have a bullet point on rabid political thoughts...   :ph34r:  

Humor aside, the next bullet point after the one on politics should always be adhered to.   I believe it was Thumper's mom who said...

thumper%20can't%20say%20something%20nice

I am haunted by waters

#5 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

Thats kinda what I think when my boss talks to me!

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#6 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

I believe that the Site Rules have a bullet point on rabid political thoughts...   :ph34r:  

Humor aside, the next bullet point after the one on politics should always be adhered to.   I believe it was Thumper's mom who said...

thumper%20can't%20say%20something%20nice

A great way to think.

But the "tabloid"papers would be out of business.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#7 Captm

Captm

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

Folks, if you are going to post a topic that is really more across brand or interest boundaries, it would be best to not place it under a specific sub forum.   

An example would be a "What kind of chemicals do you use in your porta potti?" thread that was posted in the XP Camper Brand Discussions.   A topic like this would be more useful if it was in the generic Truck Campers forum.   Again, not brand specific.  It would also make it easier for the site team, as we sometimes need to move a thread to a more appropriate forum.

Another request would be to try and avoid competing threads.   When we have multiple threads on the same topic, it makes it harder for members to find the information.

Thanks in Advance!

Wandering Sagebrush

Thank you for your participation as a moderator, and thank you to the other mods for the fine work and dedication to WTW.

Cheers 

2005 Tacoma Dbl cab LB 4x4

2014 Fleet shell

#8 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

CaptM, on behalf of all the team... Thank you!

I am haunted by waters

#9 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:04 AM

Oh no! Don't put the Tabloids out of business...... lmao

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users