11 replies to this topic

#11 dcsparky

dcsparky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

I use the ctek ds250+ with the smart charger and 4awg cable from the truck batteries to charge the house batteries at up to 70ah with 2 6v golf cart batteries. I no longer bring generator that will only charge at up to 30ah with the shore power plug.

#12 wuck

wuck

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationPollock Pines, Sebastopol CA

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:28 AM

K, I've done a little more research and pulled some panels off.

-Doing a little testing, not exactly sure this is a good test, but I am plugged into shore power currently, the system is to my knowledge supposed to continue running all power to fridge, fan, plugs, lights etc, all off the shore power.  To test, I unplugged my 12v cables from the camper to the battery and all power turned off except for the 120v plugs.  Is this right or is something not working correctly?  I was assuming that being plugged into shore power was both powering my stuff as well as trickle charging my house battery, which it isn't doing that either.  

Nick, that is a valid test for your converter/charger - it should power everything and charge the battery from shore power. The converter probably has its own AC circuit breaker and plug on the back of the AC/DC distribution panel.

My converter had a blown fuse. I had to remove the converter from the channel to find the fuse. Before you yank on the fuse, loosen a couple of small screws that hold it in place (standard automotive ATC 30 amp fuse).

Pat

'04 FWC Hawk

'15 F250 SD SuperCab / Short Bed

SuperDuty Mileage (Fuelly)

Trip Photos on Flickr 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tundra, fwc, four wheel camper, battery, charge, power, 12v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users