• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#11 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:14 AM

X2 on the comment for Stan. I have watched his videos and I can see that he loves what he does. Understanding that folks need different things and being fair minded and honest makes Stan the kind of guy I would do business with and I do think that FWC is a great product. I also really like some aspects of the Alaskan and have heard good things about Bryan and enjoy the videos he has done. To add to that there is ATC and Hallmark which seem to also be quality products. About the only decision I have made is that I should probably get a 3/4 ton truck so I don't have to worry much about GVWR....lol  Took a couple years to get there. (I pondered vans for a while)  Well still have 1 1/2 years before I retire so I have some time and will keep listening to all the great info and folks I have met on this wonderful site! Thanks all :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#12 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSanta Rosa, Calif

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

you won't be disappointed with a new one......I've been eyeing a new one for years...but my old one just won't wear out... ;)

I'll third that Stan....really a gracious comment from someone who makes a very nice product himself

Edited by Rusty, 12 July 2015 - 01:43 PM.

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#13 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

A new article ...

http://www.truckcamp...n-camper-review

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#14 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:38 PM

That's a great write up, and a generous class act on the part of Stan!

I am haunted by waters

#15 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

Oh oh! Shiny object alert!!

The Bride and I needed to get away from the house today, so off to visit Alaskan Campers in Chehalis, Washington.

In a word, WOW!

They are well made, attractive, have great layouts, bright and airy, and very comfortable. I am impressed. I don't know that I would take them places where I would a FWC or ATC, but they're not wimpy either. For 95% of our camping, this would do wonderfully. Another nice feature with the 8' model is it fits in the bed of Ford trucks, and the tail gate can be raised.

Rick at the factory did a great job of explaining the features and function of the Alaskans.

I am haunted by waters

#16 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:06 AM

...............and Mr. Sage, you have that extra 4x4 diesel in the yard to put one on!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#17 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

...............and Mr. Sage, you have that extra 4x4 diesel in the yard to put one on!

Nah, I'm quite happy with the Grandby. The Alaskan is nice, but I'm not spending any more $$$.

I am haunted by waters

#18 Mic

Mic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:28 AM

Nice words Stan!!! My hat is off to you!!!

I have a FWC and love it! Have it on a Tacoma and works great for me!

With that said I took a Alaskan tour today!!! WOW very impressed! If I go back to a one ton truck and such that will be my camper!!!!!

#19 Vector1

Vector1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

Since I'm also Looking at new Alaskans, I thought I'd piggy-back and keep things neat, and was hoping someone here could provide some feedback.

1) Does anyone have experience with the "utility box" option, bed deletes vs cab and chassis, etc.? It looks like it might be a good option for a regular cab truck.

2) How are Alaskans for use off the truck? Do they require additional support under the floor, etc.

Many thanks,

Bob

Edited by Vector1, 07 August 2015 - 09:55 PM.

#20 dcsparky

dcsparky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:58 PM

They are not made to take off and use quickly. It takes me about 45 minutes to put on and take off. You have to use tripod jacks because the upper part drops down no room to bolt the electric jacks. The beauty is you can go any where the truck can go by itself no real reason to unload while camping.

I normally leave mine on unless I have to use the truck for something. Mine is 2 years old and I enjoy it tremendously. Garage has a 9' door so I pull in to garage to load and unload. No low bridges to worry about. Always ready to go at a moments notice.

The bed and couches are very confortable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users