34 replies to this topic

#11 UtahTaco2016

UtahTaco2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:57 AM

The patch cable should have the grey square end that plugs directly into the radio and a female end that the small antenna cable plugs into.  At least that is what I had.  That patch cable -- at a quick glance, it looks like the one end is male but on mine, it has a hole that plugs into the male end of the antenna cable.

Interesting . . . that same patch cable now has a MALE connection at the end that should connect to the antenna cable. (Also male.) :blink:

2015 FWC Eagle Shell. 2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB OR.

#12 UtahTaco2016

UtahTaco2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

OK, solved the problem. There are not two male ends on the connectors- simply a case of being very tiny, hard to see, and bad eyesight. I spoke with the people at TSS and they were excellent to deal with. The problem was a poor fitment between the FRA3M and the Sirius antenna extension. They are sending me new parts that have been tested to connect together, so I hope to be on the way to getting my satellite reception back.

2015 FWC Eagle Shell. 2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB OR.

#13 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

Glad you were able to solve the problem.  I too had to get a second cable from TSS but their customer service is great.

#14 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,078 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:25 PM

I am getting a 2016 Colorado. The antenna is also in the spot on back of roof. I know the antenna arial unscrews (removable). Do you think there is a cable that has a screw in adapter end that one could use making an 'extension cord' ...so that a second antenna mount could then put on the camper front wall?  

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#15 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

I am getting a 2016 Colorado. The antenna is also in the spot on back of roof. I know the antenna arial unscrews (removable). Do you think there is a cable that has a screw in adapter end that one could use making an 'extension cord' ...so that a second antenna mount could then put on the camper front wall?

Search for "sirius satellite radio antenna extension cable". Perhaps, one of those matches your connector.

I would look for a cable that will connect into the radio itself and to an antenna that you could mount somewhere convenient. Might be worth going to local vendor that does installations.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#16 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

If all you are looking for is Sirius radio, they have been offering a boom box (8 D batteries or plug in). It comes with a cradle and Sirius tuner, along with an antenna magnet mount which I placed above the front window and cable run under window trim to interior where it is plugged in
I didn't have Sirius in the truck I bought. When we camp the boom box comes out and we have our music.. If you have Sirius it makes sense to be able to install a temporary antenna. I have the best of both worlds with a portable unit. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Edited by longhorn1, 29 March 2016 - 12:00 AM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#17 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

If all you are looking for is Sirius radio, they have been offering a boom box (8 D batteries or plug in). It comes with a cradle and Sirius tuner, along with an antenna magnet mount which I placed above the front window and cable run under window trim to interior where it is plugged in
I didn't have Sirius in the truck I bought. When we camp the boom box comes out and we have our music.. If you have Sirius it makes sense to be able to install a temporary antenna. I have the best of both worlds with a portable unit. jd

Do you happen to have a link? This may work for us....

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#18 Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

Be aware that the boom box has its own subscription. I have a 2011 truck with built in sat radio. I pay for this subscription. I also have a boom box and I have to pay a separate subscription for that one. Our current plan is to drop the subscription for the truck, and go with an "old school" mount. I hate the looks of the old school dash mount, but I hate paying for 2 subscriptions even more. When we stop, I will just remove the receiver and put in in the boom box.  

2011 Dodge - Cummins

Ancient FWC Grandby, coming back to life!

#19 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:27 PM

Smlobx, Dusty has a point about the fee, but I didn't have Sirius in my truck and this option was the best for us.

I don't have a link. I'd try www.sirus.com
Jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#20 LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

I have an XM radio with the car kit. Then I found a boom box on craigslist with a 12volt power adapter and another XM radio with car kit.So now i have the extra radio cradle in my daily driver and switch my original radio between vehicles.

The boom box is used in the camper with the 12volt adapter.Using the 8 D batteries is an expensive option as they don't last very long.When using it outside I use my 12v jump box.

I pay one year at a time and one trick i have learned with XM is that if you threaten to cancel you can get the $108.00 rate instead of the $200+ that they want to charge you.I have done this for 5 years.

2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad / 2014 ATC Bobcat / Tucson,Az

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tacoma, FWC Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users