New Truck thoughts for 2011 Eagle

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#111 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

Buckland I tried the costco purchase approach. In tge Bay Area participating dealers are near zero. The one dealer that called me had a non sales staffer call me and they would not talk numbers and I wasnt in the mood to spend an hour in the car going to a dumpy area only to get the classic dealer BS. In the end my local dealer after two weeks of negotiating. Went from a yr old 2015 at msrp to a new 2016 at invoice and the color we wanted. Took two weeks and two visits. One to go test drive, one to go pick up and sign the paperwork. But we had countless emails and phone calls.

#112 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

That dealer wasnt a participating Costco dealer. We got the car $100 below invoice. But there were over 150 cars within 70 minutes of my front door that potentially could have met my requirements and many were 2015's still sitting on the lot. The Colorado so far seems like Dealers are begging for more and cant keep them on the lot so negotiations are going to be tough. Both my Subarus oddly were the last car the dealer had sitting on the lot, and I easily got $400 below invoice. GM dealers deal with lots of math challenged buyers and are going to be really tough negotiators pulling all the dealer finance games.

My Toyota experience shopping around was 100X worse all our local dealers are owned by the same Auto Group and if I would love nothing more than to see our States Attorneys Office sue the crap out of them for regional price fixing and other seriously messed up regional manipulation. Like creating percieved limited availability by hiding inventory, buying up private sale vehicles that undercut their high inflated prices and all that BS

#113 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:40 PM

Okay then. A long strange trip it's been. I decided to jump and buy the 2016 diesel Colorado. Hell I'm gonna be dead a long time so I need a truck now that can get me 31 mpg and be able to go places. I being a Taco man, it was a hard decision. But that's the the whole story. The experience with dealers is just plain awful. ... I won't even start as it would be pages of ... bait and switch tactics... how do they sleep at night?

I went with Costco just to stop it all... 

then I found a more local dealer who would do the same price.... phew.

Tomorrow I sign........... I have contacted FWC about the install of my Eagle on the Colorado ...have to raise it about 1.75" to be over the rail. I have seen both horizontal and vertical "2x4" additions to the base to raise it. Is there a benefit either way I am missing? any experienced advice about method (i.e. lag screws vs stainless wood screws ).... sometimes one has to just jump off the dock.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#114 Ace!

Ace!

• Gone Traveling
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSo. Oregon

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:03 AM

Im excited to hear how you like the new truck!

#115 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:32 AM

Looking forward to your trip reports. Costco is becomming the top selling service for exactly the reason you mention how horrible dealers have become. Glad you found a local dealer thats halfway reasonable. That was my experience with the Ford dealers also but there were no joke 130 cars within 70 minutes that met my requested options. Even with over stock the dealers were just stupid. I dont get it. I really dont. Soon people will push for direct sales because dealers have become so horrible.

#116 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:35 AM

On a positive note geeze think of the range you'll have!!! Ha! ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users