New Truck thoughts for 2011 Eagle

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 Texan76

Texan76

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:26 AM

I am beginning to think that too....but.... I have been to 3  GMC dealers and get mixed messages about them. I have an Eagle and need an extended cab not the 4 door as the bed is not long enough for the camper. The 4 door bed is absurdly short. That being the case the extended cab won't have the diesel option from what I am told. I would like that if possible...why do they make it so difficult ?!
There was only one Colorado at two dealers.... it worries me that these either aren't in demand or of no interest to GMC.... there are tons of Sierra's and other monster trucks that are not my line. It is such a huge expense for me to get a new truck... not done on a whim. I want to think this is a truck I can live with for 15 years...might sound crazy but my Tacoma is doing that now.

The four door crew cab is available with the 6 foot bed. I've seen several of them. It seems to be popular here in Texas.

#22 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:35 AM

The four door crew cab is available with the 6 foot bed. I've seen several of them. It seems to be popular here in Texas.

Rare here in CA. But this is the 1/2 ton only. Go to the 3/4 ton and the 6 food bed is standard, no super short bed.    Not sure why the manufactures went to the super short beds. 1st generation Tundra 4 doors had a 6 foot bed not so with the  new Tundras. 

#23 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:25 PM

The latest issue of Consumer Reports lists the GMC Canyon/Chevrolet Colorado as number 8 on the list of 20 Least Reliable New Cars. Top problem areas are stated as "in-car electronics, climate system, transmission."

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#24 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

Yikes how could the reviews be so all over the place?!   It was Motor Trends Truck of the Year?!..... How does one cut through the chafe and find a review form a non partisan group. That's where Click and Clack were great... I miss those guys." Now for the third half of our show"

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#25 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

Consumer Reports is independent, has no paid advertising, and no source of money connected to manufacturers. One source of reliability feedback is from Consumer Union member surveys. I may not agree with what they would like or look for in a vehicle, but I do highly trust their reports on reliability.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#26 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll go to the library and see if they have the Magazine (was it fairly recent?). I do not have a subscription on line or otherwise so would have to do paper copy. I (I hope) have time. Maybe a year or 2 ....depending on what next fails on the 2001 Taco. Small stuff I deal with.... but if the clutch goes in winter I am NOT doing that job in my barn in New England! It has 145,000miles and I have done consistent maintenance. 

Henry David Thoreau

#27 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:22 PM

It is the Dec 2015 issue that came in yesterday's mail.

#28 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:27 PM

Bingo. I'll check it out...thanks.

Henry David Thoreau

#29 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:55 AM

You might to check out the new Ford Ranger

#30 Texan76

Texan76

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:56 AM

Consumer Reports is independent, has no paid advertising, and no source of money connected to manufacturers. One source of reliability feedback is from Consumer Union member surveys. I may not agree with what they would like or look for in a vehicle, but I do highly trust their reports on reliability.

Consumer reports is the most biased publication I have ever read. They never report honestly in my opinion. I have owned products that they claim are the best, and they turned out to be the worst, and vice versa. How can they claim the Colorado as being unreliable when it hasn't even been out a year? That certainly isn't near enough time to rate reliability. Motor Trend didn't give it truck of the year for nothing. They punished it before it made the grade.

One example of Consumer Report bias is when Toyota vehicles were killing people with stuck throttles, they still ranked those vehicles highest in safety and reliability! Not very accurate, if you ask me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users