Photo
- - - - -

How about a Spring Time WTW Rally - Carrizo Plain ?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

Have fun, can't wait for pictures. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#162 Tuff Guy 62

Tuff Guy 62

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArizona Rim Country

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:46 AM

OK, packed up and ready to go. Just waiting for the Mrs. to get home from work and we're out of here! :D

I'll be off the comm lines at this point. The Carrizo is mostly a cellular black hole.

Here's the latest point forecast from NWS, bring your rain gear.

Thursday
A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Southwest wind around 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 51. North wind around 5 mph.
Friday
A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 64. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
Friday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday Night
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
Sunday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.

See y'all out on the plain!

Tuff Guy out.

2000 2WD Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 liter V8

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 liter Hemi

2015 ATC Custom Panther Shell

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

#163 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:55 AM

Doesn't sound too bad. Passing showers. Used to that in the Sierra's. Partly packed. Rain gear and shorts just in case.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#164 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

I hope everyone has a blast! I wish I could go and meet all you fine people, but I'll have to enjoy it this year through your pictures.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#165 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

Looks like I'm not going to make it. Suffered a complication from the biopsy. Nicked a blood vessel "oh that hardly ever happens". We'll see, if I wake up feeling good and no bleeding. Truck is fueled and loaded if it feels safe. If anyone is going late let em know I really wanted to make it.

#166 wuck

wuck

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationPollock Pines, Sebastopol CA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

And we're out - too many issues during camper assembly. Bill,scratch one rig / two attendees :(

Edited by wuck, 08 April 2016 - 07:09 PM.

Pat

'04 FWC Hawk

'15 F250 SD SuperCab / Short Bed

SuperDuty Mileage (Fuelly)

Trip Photos on Flickr 

#167 Bseek

Bseek

Gypsy Feet

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • LocationSonora, Ca Sierra Foothills

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:04 AM

I apologize for not making it either but I tried. I got there at two and couldn't find any sign. I went out the probable road to where there was a gate but no sign of occupation. It was raining and the road was getting slippery and I realized no one would know where to look for me (got to get one of those SPOT thingies to give me confidence.) twice on the main road I hit a pothole that sprayed muddy water up over the windshield and had to wait for the wipers to clear it. Realized I wasn't having fun so I bailed and headed for the coast. I can't resist the sound of the waves being a mountain girl. Sorry I missed it. I would have loved to meet people. I hope it was great.
Subaru Outback Gypsy Wagon
2013 Toyota Tacoma DCLB : 2015 ATC Bobcat shell
By the way, it's Brenda   https://sierrashadow.wordpress.com/

#168 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:39 PM

IMG_1155.jpg

I apologize for not making it either but I tried. I got there at two and couldn't find any sign. I went out the probable road to where there was a gate but no sign of occupation. It was raining and the road was getting slippery and I realized no one would know where to look for me (got to get one of those SPOT thingies to give me confidence.) twice on the main road I hit a pothole that sprayed muddy water up over the windshield and had to wait for the wipers to clear it. Realized I wasn't having fun so I bailed and headed for the coast. I can't resist the sound of the waves being a mountain girl. Sorry I missed it. I would have loved to meet people. I hope it was great.

I wondered where you went. I waved at In and out burger, saw you again when I got gas at Maricopa. You were following a camper that drove into camp on Soda Lake Road. I passed both of you as I drove in on Soda Lake road. There was a sign on the road before Traver Ranch. 

#169 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:42 AM

Did you have an frs radio with you? I got a call from one of late arrivers and gave instructions via radio. The main road was pretty slippery. The turnoff road was just before the Traver ranch, had a sign but the rain made it kind of hard to see. Next time.

Well I woke up feeling okay and despite the part of my brain telling me to stay home the adventurous side won out. I have one tired pup now. Poor Dillon and Domino tried their best to keep up. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users