Photo
- - - - -

How about a Spring Time WTW Rally - Carrizo Plain ?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#21 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:38 AM

On my calendar also.
Clikfr8,it would be tough to avoid major metros going down i-5. And 395 would take a while.
I hear you though. We don't even care to come up to bham much any more it's gotten so busy. Heck even Anacortes is a bit too busy for me in the summers now.

#22 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:39 AM

P.s. We should do a n.w. Rally.

#23 clikrf8

clikrf8

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

allanb: Bellingham has grown too much for us having been born here. Anaxortes used to be a sleepy little fishing town. The population increased with the arrival of military and refinery retirees. Great neighbors but Anacortes has changed. When we travel, we head east or west on 20 depending on North Cascades Highway being open. The nightmare that is Seattle traffic gets bypassed. We used to leave really early Sunday morning but even that has become busy. We wouldn't mind 395 at all; so many places to explore off that highway and the traffic isn't too bad. Taking awhile is our style. 

A PNW rally would be fun. I know there is an Expo NW annually near Leavenworth. We may make it eventually. I would like a meet up to be a little more laid back where we can swap stories and check out gear and mods and meet the dogs and SOs. 

2008 Ford F250 diesel 4x4 off road pkg 2013 Hallmark Ute http://www.clikrf8images.com/ http://clikrf8.wordp...com/2010/09/01/

#24 Tuff Guy 62

Tuff Guy 62

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArizona Rim Country

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:58 AM

Going out to the Plain for New Years Eve to do some preliminary recon and refamiliarize myself with the road net. It's been four years since my last visit. I'll let y'all know how it went.

2000 2WD Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 liter V8

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 liter Hemi

2015 ATC Custom Panther Shell

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

#25 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:38 AM

Thanks Tuff Guy. Looking forward to April there.

#26 Shadyapex

Shadyapex

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationBishop, CA

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

I'm interested and should be able to attend, usual qualifiers apply of course. I'm not familiar with the area but the links provided above inspire ample interest and I'm not too far from there. Following topic,,,,,,

"It's not an optical illusion, it just looks like one."

#27 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:01 PM

Did not really look into this until today-under the weather. Spring time is about the only time to play in that area, the only major problem I can see is mud-if we keep having a real winter. I think I'll put this on my maybe  list-a long drive for me and i hate driving anywhere in the central valley, so may have to go down 395, then over   I'll keep thinking about this!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#28 Tuff Guy 62

Tuff Guy 62

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArizona Rim Country

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:40 AM

Well, the planned recon trip for this weekend was a bust. :(

Ms. Tuff Chick started with the sniffles on Monday and it manifested into a full blown cold by Wednesday. Thought I was going to skate by, but au contraire mon frere, the contagion spread and I too was waylaid with the Salinian Rhino-plague on New Years Eve day.

On the mend now, just in time to go back to work. :D

Will try again later in the month. We'll see how the roads hold up after a bit of rain. 

2000 2WD Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 liter V8

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 liter Hemi

2015 ATC Custom Panther Shell

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

#29 MotoDave

MotoDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationVentura, CA

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

I'll put my name in as a 'probably', this is right in my backyard. Would be fun to put a face to some screen names.

#30 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:01 PM

Hope you feel better tuff guy.  Hard to not have full fledged geezer status, and have to go back to work. Know the feeling!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users