• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 super doody

super doody

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSan Mateo Coast

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:23 AM

Nathanael, I alerted friends of my that live on bainbridge Island. Where was it last seen? Because of the uniqueness of your truck, its bound to be discovered soon. Fingers crossed for your buddy. 

2003 Tacoma 4X4 - 2007 FWC Eagle shell

2006 Tundra Double Cab - 2015 Hawk - side dinette, silver spur interior

#22 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:19 AM

Nathanael, I alerted friends of my that live on bainbridge Island. Where was it last seen? 

Thank you.

10pm last night parked next to the house and garage. Could see it from the street but not by much. 

Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#23 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

No news to report.

I spent most of the day driving, looking to see if I by chance could spot it, no luck. 

Thanks for all the sharing on Facebook, it is at times like this I wish I was on social media. 

Starting to realize that she is probably gone. And the thought that even with a "fair" payout from insurance, I am not sure I can replace what was lost, is starting to creep in. I would give up all my other possessions to have my truck, camper, camping gear, and all my photography equipment back. 

#24 Ramblinman

Ramblinman

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

My bet is Hadly will turn up. That has to be one of the most unique FWC camper truck combo's out there - She is famous.

The Glass is half full

Any idea how she was stolen? Toyota trucks are not that easy to steal.

#25 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

I've recently seen some unconventional advice on trying to recover a stolen vehicle.  I thought I'd post here as food for thought...

This tip suggests taking taking flyers with photo and reward info to the local trash-truck garage.  (I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get near my local one because the whole compound is fenced in and visitors prohibited. But it might be worth a call to see if there's some way to offer a reward to crew.  Or perhaps talk to a trash-guy for ideas on informal ways to offer a reward.)

This one suggests scanning city transportation-department records of parking violations for the missing vehicle. (I don't think there's anything like that where I live but it does help us think about what happens if the thief abandons the vehicle.  He may have just been after the contents (perhaps after noticing it being loaded with photo gear).  I guess one would want to confirm with local police that their search process scans parking-violation records and abandoned-vehicle reports.

It may also be useful to check with police about any past vehicle-dumping locations in the region---- like municipal or county land, state or national forests, parks, water-management districts, etc and contact management there to alert rangers to the theft (if that's not already part of the process).  If I were a thief with a visually-obvious rig like this and wanted to strip the truck, I'd figure that camper is just too risky and would dump it somewhere.

-OC

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#26 super doody

super doody

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:37 PM

Thank you.

10pm last night parked next to the house and garage. Could see it from the street but not by much. 

I didn't know you moved to Bainbridge. I thought you were just traveling through. Where on the island do you live?  My friends live on the south side near Fort ward.

Have you thought about starting a facebook page for your truck so others can provide leads and have discussions? 

Edited by super doody, 12 January 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#27 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:21 AM

Camper has been recovered deep in the woods two hours south of here. It was dragged/ripped off the truck, so I have little hope that it is not broken. 

Truck was involved in a chase through the woods, it got away. LEO says it will most likely be burned tonight. 

Some of my gear has been recovered, I am not sure what. I am headed down and will be out with the LEO at dawn. 

I was inspired by the support shown on FaceBook, so I finally signed up. Nathanael Kuenzli Photography

Updates tomorrow night. 

#28 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:32 AM

Nathaniel, sorry to hear about the destruction! Hopefully, your gear will be recovered.

I am haunted by waters

#29 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

I sure hope they find some clues that lead them to the perpetrator! 

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#30 super doody

super doody

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:47 AM

Very sorry to hear about this Nathanael. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users