• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

2005 Four Wheel Camper Hawk  -  $12000 obo

Located in or near Los Angeles, CA

Pictures on Expo forum, internet too slow to upload again

http://www.expeditio...808#post2017808

Up for sale is a used but in great shape 2005 Four Wheel or FWC Hawk.  We are the 2nd owners of this camper to my knowledge.  The first family hardly used it except a few days a year to take it to the desert to go dirt bike riding.  It spent most of its life in Southern California.  Here are the standard features and the upgrades made by me.

The camper was purchased so my wife and I could go out on the road for a few days to month at a time.  I am a photographer and this helped us get out and stay for extended periods of time. It has been great to us but we’re turning over a new leaf and trying to settle into a new city and our beloved Hawk has to go.  When first purchased it didn’t have a lot of unique-ness or simple usability to it.  We added a brand new TruckFridge which is awesome. We love cooking and having fresh vegetables and this this has tons of space and a small freezer.  We then added a 140 watt solar panel and Zamp controller.  Two of the best brands in the industry.  The single deep cycle battery would be the only thing I would upgrade in the future if we kept it to a more robust and more amp hours dual 6v battery system.  And I only say that cause we used the power for laptops, phones, cameras, hard drives, etc.  If we were only running interior functions and charging a phone this battery and panel are more than enough.  We also added the arctic pack knowing that we would be in cold weather sometimes.  We love the under bed storage, it fit all of our clothes except big cold weather jackets and such.  This under bed storage I think was only available for a short period of time, maybe even just the one year and model, something about the way they had to thicken up the cab over area and had the space so they turned it into storage.  We also added a inline water filter system on the cold water, works great, turns hose water into delicious drinking water and even prefer it over our own tap water.  Also added the Yakima rack and bars, we needed the extra space sometimes for soft goods and backpacking gear in the rocket box.  Have also thrown surfboards up there a few times even though its a little tall.  Also added the holes under the bed to mount some MaxTrax above the cab.  The Hawk sits a little high on the Tundra so there was space for this.  The holes cause no damage and can be used for other mounting if space provided or just throw a small piece of tape on them from the inside and they make no difference to weather getting in. Also added the rear wall fuel tank holder, perfect for a couple long hauls in SE Oregon and Death Valley.  Then I added the Fiama Awning, 7.2 feet long.  This is not the normal awning that comes with the camper from the factory, I took it off my old Land Cruiser but it mounts and is completely useable just not a crank opening model.

Standard Features From Factory:

-2 burner stove 

-Sink w/ two size faucet options

-20 gallon water tank

-Hot water and shower system w/ 5 gallon hot water tank

-electric water and battery monitor

-120v shore power inverter and back charger

-propane tank

-Rear wall steps x4

-Roll over couch into extra bed

-Fire extinguisher

-Passenger side window w/ emergency exit and hand crank window

-Non opening front window

-Under bed storage (rare to maybe only this year and size option)

-Amber ext porch light

-Full under couch storage

-Side wall book shelf storage

-Entrance floor lamp

-Hydraulic legs with hand crank

Upgrades:

-TruckFridge TF130 12v

-Blue Sea USB and 12v ports

-Fan-Tastic Fan 3350 w/ multi speed and thermostat with rain sensor

-LED light bulbs in interior

-9 month old Super Start Platinum deep cycle battery

-Blue Sea manual switch dual battery system to connect to alternator 

-Zamp Solar Controller

-Kyocera 140 watt Solar Panel on roof

-Olympic Wave 3 Heater w/ pull out mount and cover

-Yakima Track and Bars on roof

-Rear Fuel Can Holder

-Lagun adjustable table arm, usually found on yachts

-40lb exterior struts x4 w/ extra 100lb struts x2

-Arctic Pack

-Everpure water filter system

-Leveling Blocks

-Fiamma F35 7.2 Awning

-Rear LED work light

-Coat & towel hooks

-Flashlight wall mount

-Misc. organizational items

Good:

Its a great camper, has more than enough storage if you’re carful with what you bring.  Everything works as expected.  The rear window was recently broken from a freak rock flying up, will be replaced next week.  A full detail of the interior and exterior will be done prior to sale by next week.  All seams and bolts on roof have been re-sealed just ‘cause.  Gray paint on bottom and sides of camper was just  done last week to aid in keeping the wood fresh and problem free for a long time.  We used air mattress pads on the bed so the foam pads from the factory are essentially like new.  Will be replacing fridge front panel cause there are a few scratches on it to clean it up.  I may re-do the floor with the same material on the fridge to help clean it up.

Bad:

Nothing really.  Small bend in the driver front roof where one latch got stuck late at night when I popped it up, no damage, no leak, do a search for smiling camper and it happens, just once but it happened.  I just have to say that its used and now 11 years old.  It has a few scratches  on the wood, a few scratches from trails on the exterior, etc.  But no damage.  Everything that has rattled loose or needed replacing from use has been tightened up or repaired.  Its ready to go.

Asking $12000.  I am a little flexible on the pricing but I think its a good deal considering all the upgrades and the cost of a new one.  As it sits and after cleaning next week you could toss your food, cooking supplies and clothing in it and hit the road to Chile if you want or do what we did and go to Alberta and see some snow.  

The camper is located in or near Los Angeles.  Delivery might be an option west of the rockies for a fee.  

$12000.00 obo

Thanks

**Items not included:   Scepter fuel can, MaxTrax (could arrange purchase if you want), Yakima rocket box

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC07498.jpg

#2 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:23 AM

Easy to link your photos. Good luck on your sale.

Can you give us some information on your under the bed storage?

attachment.php?attachmentid=328573&d=145

attachment.php?attachmentid=328555&d=145

attachment.php?attachmentid=328556&d=145

attachment.php?attachmentid=328557&d=145

attachment.php?attachmentid=328559&d=145

attachment.php?attachmentid=328562&d=145

attachment.php?attachmentid=328566&d=145

attachment.php?attachmentid=328565&d=145

attachment.php?attachmentid=328572&d=145

#3 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:53 AM

"We also also added a inline water filter system on the cold water."

I'm shamelessly asking for a link to your water filter system. We don't need your bcamper but would love to benefit from your experience. :)

And BTW, very nice camper. Where were you when I was looking for a camper 4 years ago??? :)

#4 hiddenlk

hiddenlk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:54 PM

Truck combo for sale?

#5 westy

westy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hi nice camper does it have a heater?  Would it fit on a ford ranger?  Also interested in truck/ combo sale.  Thanks.  

#6 nocean

nocean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

The water filter is by Everpure. I think I picked it up on Amazon.

Just the camper for sale. Truck will be a part of a new build. Unless the money was right. I'm assuming something like $24k for the pair.

It does have a heater. The Wave 3 as listed. And I don't think it will fit on a Ranger.

Thanks

#7 MattK

MattK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVentura/Santa Barbara, CA

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

Camper looks great.

I replied to your Craigslist post... but no reply. Not sure you got the message. 

We have a '16 Tundra double cab w/ a 6.5' bed. Is this the right size?

If so, I'm interested. We live just north of Ventura, close enough to L.A.

Please send contact info.

Thanks!

#8 wetcoast

wetcoast

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

I might be interesting in the combo. How many miles on the truck, are you the original owner, any repairs needed and any accidents, has it always been a California truck?

#9 nocean

nocean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

I have a potential buyer coming in Monday morning. If that falls through then I'll let you know about the combo.

#10 doinepicstuff

doinepicstuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

Camper looks great.

I replied to your Craigslist post... but no reply. Not sure you got the message.

We have a '16 Tundra double cab w/ a 6.5' bed. Is this the right size?

If so, I'm interested. We live just north of Ventura, close enough to L.A.

Please send contact info.

Thanks!

Hey brother just wanted today this would be great for your 2016 Dbl. I just upgraded from a 2002tundra dbl to a 2016 tundra dbl and my 05 kestrel required a bit of modification but the hawk fits awesome in the new tundra. Enjoy. Looks like a great camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users