• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#71 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:03 PM

Indeed why? The Colorado diesel is fantastic. It carries 1500 lbs. without even knowing its there. The amenities inside are miles ahead of my Taco even the 2016 I test drove. This dealer has been great. He was caught between GM and a Customer. I am receiving a third chipped key $120, a back up camera to use when I remove the tailgate and three years of air, oil and fuel filters. I even find myself sitting in the truck on the driveway with a beer. I feel quite satisfied with it and I hope I will continue doing so.
I had three,I kid you not, frames on my taco. The gas tank and differential rotted out as both fenders. A host of small stuff too. So it's all a crap shoot.
I think we can all agree there are many flavors of ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Edited by buckland, 25 May 2016 - 10:47 PM.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#72 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:34 PM

Buck is the camper on? Curious how it looks

#73 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

Coming soon! I put in the bed eye bolts and wired up the harness, built the base lift and insulated the floor. I am expecting the new spare backup camera any day. When the comes ...off with the tailgate and on with the camper. I will definitely post photos. There is a photo of a FWC on a 2016 Colorado on the Montana FWC Facebook.  BTW I built an air foil V under the cab over hang as well as a box to store my tripod solar panel. It should fill the space as out did on the Tacoma.

https://www.facebook...073896492683082

In-laws coming for the week... so never know what will happen... will post asap!

Henry David Thoreau

#74 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Good luck with the new rig. Thanks for the pics in the link. The low roof line of the Colorado in the pic makes for a big gap with the camper. It was also a deal breaker for me. I looked at them a couple of months ago. But the low roof and huge door overhang above doesn't cut it for me. Kinda crazy for me to scrunch and duck down my arthritic back to get in and out. Seems to be common to GM's. I didn't have to do that in my Smart Car!

Edited by Squatch, 29 May 2016 - 01:40 AM.

#75 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

I was worried about the over hang as well but My 2001 Tacoma has the exact same space over cab. The way I dealt with it gave me more storage space as well as a wind foil. I won't have to change that at all when it goes on the colorado.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0846.jpg
  • IMG_0847.jpg

Henry David Thoreau

#76 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

I like it!

#77 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

25mpg with the camper!! Dang Buckland your not going to think about range limitations anymore. That air deflector, can you access it from inside the camper or is there a side access you pull gear from via outside access?

Looks good.

#78 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

Actually the wind foil is 1/8" x 4" aluminum stock, bent in a "V" . The box I built is from wood and is large enough for the solar panel I use and mount on a tripod (so I can move it into the sun and stay in the shade... 12 ft extension cord) It is a lockable box heavily painted, accessed from drivers side. Been on now four years and still holding up. I might eventually mount the a larger panel on the roof as Bill did (see latest string on solar) and remove the box and use space to mount the Trax sand mats under there as did Hadley. It is an evolution....part of the fun. 

Edited by buckland, 29 May 2016 - 12:27 PM.

Henry David Thoreau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users