#21 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:49 PM

Mine is a bit long.But I like it.

It's Spanish for our house/street name (Scarlet Oak House). So it felt right to have the "handle" ,   "House of the Scarlet Oak Also" "Casa Escarlata Robles Too",be that also.Plus our truck Ford and Tundra carrying the Bobcat are both "red"

It's very interesting to see some of the other "handles"

Frank   

The sign I made for our house.

IMG_1385.jpg

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#22 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

After my divorce 11 years ago, my ex-wife used to tell me "You just want to be the Groovy Dad."  She was referring to the fact that I was always doing fun stuff with the kids and didn't seem to care about the not so fun stuff.  Rather than get angry at her comments, I embraced the name and GroovyDad was born.

Edited by GroovyDad, 26 June 2016 - 12:06 AM.

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#23 rotti

rotti

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMile High

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

Every time I would get out of my truck my Rottweiler would immediately move to the drivers seat and stare out the windshield as if she were driving. The guys at the barbershop got a laugh out of it and I became rotti on the haircut list.
2012 Chevy 2500HD 4WD LTZ CCSB gas
2012 FWC Hawk

#24 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:07 AM

Every time I would get out of my truck my Rottweiler would immediately move to the drivers seat and stare out the windshield as if she were driving. The guys at the barbershop got a laugh out of it and I became rotti on the haircut list.

Ha, my golden retriever does that too. Jumps back where he belongs as soon as he sees me coming back.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#25 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

As I can again connect to the virtual word, I'll share....

Mine is both a comment to a life I've tried to lead, a tribute of sorts to someone I think did and stolen from a guy who arguably did. My grandfather, the original Dan, worked hard to fund his real profession, screwing off. My first memories of him are either taking me or taking off with his cronies rock hounding, fishing, mushroom/fruit picking, hunting etc. He did so about every week with rare exception. Pretty lucky. Given my Grandfathers interests, we watched a lot of the Jim Conway Outdoor Show. Jim was known as "Lucky Jim" for his ability to turn outdoor pursuits into a profession.

Long winded, I know. I'm a complicated guy :)

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#26 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

OK, I'll bite. "z" is the symbol for "redshift" My area of research is active galaxies and quasars, some of which have high cosmological redshifts, hence high z. I've used the highz handle for a long time in astronomy-related settings, so, it doesn't have to do with camping. I suppose "z" could stand for altitude (z axis in a cartesian coord system), so let's let it also stand for "high altitude". I like to camp in mountains, so that'll work.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#27 Timothy McGowen

Timothy McGowen

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:06 PM

I just used what was on my birth certificate ;0)

2016 Ford F150 SuperCab 4X4 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost Engine

2016 FWC Hawk Front Dinette Silver Spur

#28 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:56 PM

I just used what was on my birth certificate ;0)

Like a trail name, we'll have to find you one...

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#29 Timothy McGowen

Timothy McGowen

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:17 PM

Like a trail name, we'll have to find you one...

I have several, just chose not to use them here. You can also find me around as searchk9. I use to be a search dog handler.

Edited by Timothy McGowen, 20 July 2016 - 06:25 PM.

2016 Ford F150 SuperCab 4X4 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost Engine

2016 FWC Hawk Front Dinette Silver Spur

#30 mitch h

mitch h

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Locationbrazil,in.

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:29 AM

Just my first name and first letter of last name. Was going to use my boats name, wattknot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users