• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 oldhotrod

oldhotrod

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 16 October 2021 - 01:06 AM

I have a 2001 "pre rollover" and hated the couch bed storage combo. Dang thing was a pain to access, took up a lot of floor space but the bed function did work well. It was a stupid simple design that would be very easy to replicate.

I ended up taking it out and making my own side dinette...

Edited by oldhotrod, 16 October 2021 - 01:07 AM.

#12 fuzzymarindave

fuzzymarindave

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMarin County, CA

Posted 17 October 2021 - 12:20 AM

Alternative to std FWC table?
The Lagun (or knockoff) swivel table bracket is a popular alternative.

It's my favorite mod I've made to my camper! 

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Well, OK, maybe the solar power system is the best mod...but the Lagun swivel table is a close second. :)

I did the same with my Lagun knock-off however my base is about 18” from the corner.    Behind the rollover seat back I store couple folding camp chairs, outdoor shower enclosure, folding soft outdoor table, first aid bag/kit and extra jackets sleeping bags.   

2015 Hawk, Silver Spur Interior, Fiberglass siding.  2008 F250 4x4 Supercab

#13 Wildcat

Wildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:09 PM

I have a 2001 "pre rollover" and hated the couch bed storage combo. Dang thing was a pain to access, took up a lot of floor space but the bed function did work well. It was a stupid simple design that would be very easy to replicate.
I ended up taking it out and making my own side dinette...

Do you have a pic of your side dinette? Did you keep any type of couch/bed design with your side dinette? I'm in agreement with you about the pre-rollover couch design as I have a 2001 and struggle with it all the time. It's good for storage but hard to access because the long cushion lid must be raised each time I get into it. It probably works fine for single people, but with two people and gear or clothes that get stacked on the cushion it can be a big hassle.

I'm thinking about cutting up the bench into several sections with separate cushions so table can be in center section but can also be used to assemble a flat couch/bed that mimicks existing dimensions. We enjoy stretching out on the couch when relaxing in rainy and cold weather, but I think the current pre-rollover design could be made to be more versatile and functional. I bought a Lagun table support, so it's just a matter of changing the current couch and seating config.
2001 FWC Eagle on 1998 Taco 4x4

#14 bimmeryota

bimmeryota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:57 PM

I also removed the back but kept the storage for a while but it wasn’t great because it took so much floor space. It’s much tighter in an Eagle already. I’ve removed it completely and now have an Engel on the floor and sturdy storage boxes I can remove and open up the floor space. I will figure something else out for additional sleeping area for the kids later.
I kept everything so I can return it to original if I ever sell it.

1998 Toyota T100 4WD SR5 XtraCab

3.4L V6 Supercharged, Auto, 33" BFG AT KO2, regeared to 4.70+ARB Rear Locker

1" Ball Joint Spacer front lift, KYB MonoMax

Load carrying: Custom Deaver spring packs

Camper: 2013 FWC Eagle with Silver Spur interior and outside shower

#15 oldhotrod

oldhotrod

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:04 AM

Do you have a pic of your side dinette? Did you keep any type of couch/bed design with your side dinette? I'm in agreement with you about the pre-rollover couch design as I have a 2001 and struggle with it all the time. It's good for storage but hard to access because the long cushion lid must be raised each time I get into it. It probably works fine for single people, but with two people and gear or clothes that get stacked on the cushion it can be a big hassle.

Yeah, here is a link to an album of mods...scroll down about half the album to see the side dinette with lagun table

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmMwcWf2

this is ver 1, I am planning ver 2...still mostly in my head though...LOL

Edited by oldhotrod, 21 October 2021 - 12:05 AM.

#16 Wildcat

Wildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 October 2021 - 04:34 PM

Thanks, but I'm not seeing the side dinette. I see your planning sketch near the bottom and a pic of the pre-rollover bench.

Edited by Wildcat, 21 October 2021 - 04:38 PM.

#17 oldhotrod

oldhotrod

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 22 October 2021 - 12:03 AM

Thanks, but I'm not seeing the side dinette. I see your planning sketch near the bottom and a pic of the pre-rollover bench.

try it now...I see the whole album but then again, I am logged into flickr...lol

#18 Wildcat

Wildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:33 PM

try it now...I see the whole album but then again, I am logged into flickr...lol

Perfect! That's exactly what I'm aiming to do. Your pics are very helpful and I see I can get the table top on Amazon. You mentioned that you've been thinking about version 2... What do you not like about your current version?

#19 oldhotrod

oldhotrod

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 23 October 2021 - 12:17 AM

Perfect! That's exactly what I'm aiming to do. Your pics are very helpful and I see I can get the table top on Amazon. You mentioned that you've been thinking about version 2... What do you not like about your current version?

I bought the cooler without measuring and it is a bit big but not changing it. I made the dinette to clear the cooler and it is a little narrow to sleep comfortably so next version will be relocated closer to the door and feature a sliding top. The seating will be about the same, only the sleeping version will be different and end up about a foot wider and longer.

...at least that is the goal. Eventually I would really like to design a new galley unit for the driver's side as well to better fit the cooler, and free up more floor space.

#20 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 23 October 2021 - 01:05 AM

what is the brand of the plastic drawers??  or tubs.

Oregon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users