Any Experience with the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 Wide Angle Lenses?

Oh, the sunbursts.................................

Bodega-March2014-062-copy.jpg

Aspens-Oct-2015-060-copy.jpg

DVNP-Thanksgiving-2014-434-copy.jpg

IMPORTANT LITTLE TIDBIT OF INFORMATION:

I just learned that the Tokina 11-16mm f 2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX will NOT auto-focus on most of the D-Series Nikons because this lens doesn't have a focus motor on it. The newer version of the lens, which is the Tokina 11-16mm f 2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II, has an auto focus motor built in and will work on the D-Series.

Thankfully, I purchased mine from Amazon and I can return it for a full refund. I'm ordering the DX II today.

GroovyDad said:
IMPORTANT LITTLE TIDBIT OF INFORMATION:

<snip>
And I am so sorry I missed that important little detail in your first post. I wish we had all caught it earlier. Yes, I have the new version.

My DX is on its way back to Amazon and my DXII should be on its way to me. I really liked what I saw through the viewfinder though and I can't wait to get it.

I should have caught this as well. I assumed the new DX bodies all had the screw drive motor. Yes, I believe you'll be very happy with this lens. Keep us posted.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I should have caught this as well. I assumed the new DX bodies all had the screw drive motor. Yes, I believe you'll be very happy with this lens. Keep us posted.
My 7100 body has the AF motor but I don't think the smaller numbered bodies have it.
I am looking forward to acquiring the Tokina lens also after some higher priority items are out of the way. :(

Paul

I made the mistake of not taking RAW, but now you can get a 128G SD card for your camera so I keep it on RAW+JPEG all the time and only download the RAW to my laptop. Going through my pictures from last year and the wide angle lens is the way to go. I have the sony 16-35 mm EF full frame which should be about the should be about the same as the 11-16mm APS-C.

Back
Top Bottom