• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 sourdough

sourdough

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Location(805)

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:03 AM

A Tiger CX sets in my driveway now. It popped up 3 weeks ago on the Tigers Owners classifieds and I grabbed it. file photo...
http://tigerowners.f...nual-t2027.html
Photo is not of mine. Same but mine has an A/C unit on the roof. When I get mine out in the boonies, I’ll take a few photos. Driveway pictures just won’t do and I have yet to go out camping. Been busy though, checking out the systems and handling a few issues. Looks like this Monday, I’ll start a week long trip into the high Sierras. I have been wanting to get some time in before snow starts closing some of the High Country access. The Espar diesel heater should keep me warm enough.

Attached Files

Edited by sourdough, 10 December 2016 - 07:37 PM.

2013 Tiger CX Ram 3500 diesel 4x4

#2 DrJ

DrJ

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSouthern Idaho

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:33 AM

Nice. I really like the Tigers too. Keep us updated on what you think of it overtime. 

2015 Silverado Crew Cab Duramax and 2015 Front Dinette Grandby

One can change the world, it only requires kindness

http://www.truckcamp...g-family-earth/

#3 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:36 AM

I've always admired the Tigers - please post your impressions and spec's when you get a chance.  Looks like a great rig to travel in.  

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#4 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:03 PM

Really looking forward to more pics (inside pics too).

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#5 sourdough

sourdough

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Location(805)

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:09 AM

I have just returned from my first road trip, Higher Than A Kite, I’ll call it. Crossed several seasonal Sierra Hwy. Pass’s...

Sherman Pass on SP Rd. J41, Tioga Pass Hwy 120 thru Yosemite, Sonora Pass Hwy. 108, Monitor Pass why 89 and Ebett’s Pass Hwy.  4. All was well and Loomis (My Tiger CX) carried me up and down without issue. Return to SoCal via Panoche Pass J1, Carrizo Plain and Maricopa Hwy. 33 All in all many twists and turns, ups and down. Cummins diesel motor and a 6 spd. manual proved more than enough for California’s back roads.  Interior pictures can be seen @ Provan Tiger website  http://www.tigervehi...m/tiger-models/

sherman%20Pass%201_zpsgrwnxnve.jpg

IMG_0813_zpsyssnhmfh.jpg

sonora%20pass%201_zpsdhlyp3uo.jpg

ebbets%20pass_zpsjtyf6xls.jpg

#6 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

Seems like ideal rig. Better ground clearance than class b and 4x. No soft side to put up and down. Pass thru to truck

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

#7 sourdough

sourdough

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Location(805)

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

I also like the fact it has a wider interior than a van or slide-in. The interior is quiet, in the wind at night and without a diesel motor between driver and passenger during driving. I like the granny 1st gear 6 spd. manual transmission, can’t get those anymore. A very good short wheel base turning radius and the loaded weight is still 1,000 lbs. under GVW.  These are not true off-roaders by any means but still very back road friendly. Just have to watch out for the 10-7” height in the trees. To date, I’ve had trailers, slide campers and a van. This Tiger CX is the best back road, boonies exploring rig I’ve owned by far. Only wish is that it wasn’t such an attention grabber.

I will be upgrading the oem shocks and adding an aluminess front bumper with grill guard. But that’s about it. The FWC Hawk I had was liked well enough. I was just ready for something more user friendly in my old age and my wife is a little more comfortable in this too.  

#8 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Congrats on your new rig and fun travels! Best wishes for lots of memorable trips! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#9 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

We recently admired a Tiger that an acquaintance owns.  He's a serious photographer and had just driven back to the East Side from Colorado.  He loves his rig for many of the reasons you mention.  

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#10 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

Nice rig Sour. You dont see too many single cabs like that. Nice!

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users