Photo

$8k - Demo Unit for Sale - Cave Campers - 1/2 ton ready, durable, and easy to clean.

Cave Campers 1/2 ton truck truck camper

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cave_Campers

Cave_Campers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:38 AM

We've created a new truck camper and we're selling our demo unit. Our vision was to design a truck camper for the outdoor enthusiast who wants to maximize their time outdoors while minimizing hassle and expense. Key design principles included: lightweight (750 lbs.), durability, and ease of cleaning. It is priced at $9,950 retail but we are selling the demo unit with jacks at $7,950.  It's in "like new" condition.

What I personally really like about it:

1. At 750 lbs. it's a fit for a 1/2 ton with plenty of payload left to haul a trailer/boat. If you do the math, there just isn't much on the market that makes sense for a 1/2 ton.

2. By removing the kitchen and bathroom it feels incredibly spacious inside. It's easy to move around and storing and removing gear is easy with all the flexible storage options. I prefer to cook and use the bathroom outside versus in a confined space.

3. There is nothing to break. The hinges, material, and construction is incredibly tough.

4. The insulation is awesome. With composite panels of 1.5" of foam sandwiched between fiberglass it's like I'm inside a big cooler. 

5. At the end of the trip, every surface is easy to wipe down and I can even hose it out.

Here are some pictures of the unit.  It sleeps two individuals in separate beds.

(fyi ... production units start to ship in December)

Attached Thumbnails

• Cave Collage (smaller).png

Dylan Peterson

Cave Campers

(541) 213-2830

www.cavecampers.com

#2 2trout

2trout

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationGlenwood Springs

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:11 AM

Cave,

What are the dimensions of the area that fits into the bed? Is there any space for batteries, lights, heater etc?

2trout

#3 rvsixer

rvsixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:06 AM

www.cavecampers.com has the specs listed.

#4 Cave_Campers

Cave_Campers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

Cave,

What are the dimensions of the area that fits into the bed? Is there any space for batteries, lights, heater etc?

2trout

It has interior lights with a battery and charger.  There is storage in the shelves above either bed for anything from kitchenware, clothes, fishing rods, etc.  The front storage is for larger objects (sleeping bags, large bins, etc.).  We found that the smallest portable heater was more than enough given the insulation factor.  Sometimes I think of this camper like a cooler on the back of a truck.  :)  In 40 degree F nights in Jackson Hole this summer the body heat from two people was more than enough to keep it warm without the use of a heater.

Here are a couple of pictures of dimensions.  https://drive.google...QXFFd3lDRUVIR0E

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Dylan Peterson

Cave Campers

(541) 213-2830

www.cavecampers.com

#5 BILL98388

BILL98388

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

Great idea, light weight too.

Just curious, where is the demo model and where are your production facilities.

Bill

Bill

2014 Grandby on 2015 4x4 Tundra (8-ft bed)

Steilacoom, WA

#6 Cave_Campers

Cave_Campers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

Great idea, light weight too.

Just curious, where is the demo model and where are your production facilities.

Bill

The prototype is currently located in San Marcos, TX.  We can ship it anywhere in the U.S. A recent cost of shipping it from there to Michigan was around $1000.

Our production facilities are in the Pacific Northwest.

Dylan Peterson

Cave Campers

(541) 213-2830

www.cavecampers.com

#7 mr_camper

mr_camper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSunny, Tucson, AZ

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:13 AM

I'm sure that this is sold, but I'll take a chance and ask.

#8 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:47 PM

I'm sure that this is sold, but I'll take a chance and ask.

resurrecting a post from 4 years ago when there is a contact website & phone # in his signature? The guy hasn't been back on this site since he posted this. Use resources at hand and reach out directly to the guy

F150 & FWC

#9 mr_camper

mr_camper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSunny, Tucson, AZ

Posted 05 September 2020 - 04:57 PM

Pax2525, yes I understand but sometimes things just languish and are available.  But I get your point and I apologize.

#10 workitjr

workitjr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 10:33 PM

You can buy this unit directly from the manufacturer.  It is effectively a Mobile Treatment Center, or MTC.  Check with Composite Truck Body or call this guy.  He was very helpful when I was looking at one of their units.....

Eric Heffernan
Code Three Emergency Vehicles Inc.
# 3-1660 Powick Road Kelowna BC V1X-7G5
Office 250 861-9000 Cell 250 862-1800
E-Mail ericcode3@telus.net

Total Composites makes these units for Cave Camper.  

Renee Harris at Composite Truck Body quoted the CPT panel unit at $9500 delivered brand new.

Random that I would be looking at this thread and possibly be able to help you source something similar to your question.  Shouldn't have to apologize for seeking information.  Good luck with your search.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3714.JPG
  • Truck Camper 2.PNG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cave Campers, 1/2 ton truck, truck camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users