pop up truck camper

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

Windy it good to hear that the Riptide is working out so well for you.

Ours is being built now and talked with Rory Friday on finalizing some of the details of the camper. Will be picking it up in early October, can hardly contain myself waiting for it. Our camper is based off the Bunducamp model but has a lot of differences from a standard Bunducamp. We're doing a flatbed/tray camper and will be about 9ft long and 81" wide. Another difference/mod is the front 3' of the camper will be a large pass thru storage area with large access doors on both sides, basically a built in tunnel box. Being our truck is a regular cab the cab over portion of the camper will be shorter to match the truck. With the built in storage area of the camper and cab over length combined we will be able to have a RV queen size bed (74" vs 80"), would have liked the Extra 6" of bed but would had to extend the cab over length 6" which I didn't want to do. The rest of the interior will have a front dinnett, 12v door fridge, glass cover stove and sink, furnace, assorted drawers and cabinets. We also went with the upgraded windows (which were highly recommended by Monica of the Turtle expeditions) and the Heki skylight. We're also going with a 160w solar panel and the dual 6v batteries that are mounted on a slide out tray. There wasn't enough room to put in the cassette toilet option so we are just doing a port a potti which is what Gary and Monica use in the Turtle.

The amount of customization that Rory is Willing to do is awesome. The camper I'am getting probably would not be most people's idea of the perfect camper but is perfect for our needs. Oh, we have named our camper the "Grand Canyon Suite".

That is great news. Be sure to keep us updated with the progress. I know exactly how you feel. Sounds like a really nice rig. Don't know what your travel plans are but one thing I can say with confidence is that your camper should be able to handle just about anything you throw at it. I always felt that my camper could handle the roughest of roads and trails but was never sure until tested. All I can say is the rougher the road got, the more confident I became as we completed each section. Hope you enjoy your camper as much as we do!

#82 Pateuni

Pateuni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

Our BunduVry is coming together, paneled, insulated, wiring is next.

#83 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

[emoji106]

#84 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Looking forward to seeing pics of the Bunduvry :)

Edited by Happyjax, 16 November 2017 - 08:18 PM.

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#85 Pateuni

Pateuni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:28 AM

Here are a few photos:Roof On & Rubber Roof.JPG Lights being installed.JPG Interior Roof & wires started.JPG

#86 Pateuni

Pateuni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

Here are a few photos:attachicon.gif Roof On & Rubber Roof.JPGattachicon.gif Lights being installed.JPGattachicon.gif Interior Roof & wires started.JPG

Build coming along nicely.11.27.17 (4).JPG

#87 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:04 AM

I am always surprised to see one of these rigs on a Ford 450 pickup each year during salmon season......it is always parked at a B & B near the river...............thats camping !

David Graves

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pop up truck camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users