#21 mhjackson123

mhjackson123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, CANADA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:49 AM

The label was staring me in the face! However tonight is the first time I have seen it! :) Now that I have seen it, I can't believe I have missed it. My Hawk only has 6 slots, so 7 and 8 are irrelevant.

I have no idea where #1 Green Flood Lts goes, as there is a wire coming of the fuse box but I do not have flood lights.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170104_213229 (Small).jpg

--------------------------------------

FWC Hawk Shell

GMC Sierra 1500, 6.5 ft bed

#22 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:25 AM

The label was staring me in the face! However tonight is the first time I have seen it! :) Now that I have seen it, I can't believe I have missed it. My Hawk only has 6 slots, so 7 and 8 are irrelevant.
I have no idea where #1 Green Flood Lts goes, as there is a wire coming of the fuse box but I do not have flood lights.

Correct. Green wire. #1 slot 15 amps is rear flood lights. Its the green wire that's coiled up in the fuse box. I dont have flood lights from fwc either. But I am installing some using that wire and fuse.

#23 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:34 AM

Correct. Green wire. #1 slot 15 amps is rear flood lights. Its the green wire that's coiled up in the fuse box. I dont have flood lights from fwc either. But I am installing some using that wire and fuse.

If you peel off the interior trim at the back of the camper you will find the green wire ready to be used for your floods.

Edited by Vic Harder, 05 January 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#24 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

If you peel off the interior trim at the back of the camper you will find the green wire ready to be used for your floods.

Sweet. Does that mean the coiled green wire in the fuse box is for running to a switch?

#25 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

Sweet. Does that mean the coiled green wire in the fuse box is for running to a switch?

Unlikely.  This is what I saw - this section of wall is at the top of the fridge area, back wall.

flood light Pre wire

My camper had a switch for the porch light just inside the door.  That's where I found the other end of the green wire, for use on a switch there as well.

#26 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:22 AM

Unlikely.  This is what I saw - this section of wall is at the top of the fridge area, back wall.

My camper had a switch for the porch light just inside the door.  That's where I found the other end of the green wire, for use on a switch there as well.

this is the wire i need to find this weekend.  adding a rigid flood light on drivers rear wall.  hoping to use existing fuse and wire.  and i have a spare switch

#27 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:27 AM

and the coiled green wire in fuse box is a junction of wires. not floods as vic mentioned.  i need to open that wall this weekend.

#28 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Can you take a pic of this "coiled green wire"?

#29 mhjackson123

mhjackson123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, CANADA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

I have a picture of it in post #13. Several green wires and one yellow one.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Wander The West mobile app

--------------------------------------

FWC Hawk Shell

GMC Sierra 1500, 6.5 ft bed

#30 tree

tree

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Locationso cal

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

since I have the same exact model and year hawk as you I will take pics during my install this week. installing a hidden 2x6 access panel on rear wall, and 1 single rv flood light from rigid industries. exact opposite location from the porch light. using existing pre-ran green wire, 15 amp fuse and fuse slot. wired to a spare switch in my bass pro power panel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solar, battery monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users