45 replies to this topic

#41 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:03 AM

I think the #grabyourwallet campaign has been effective for folks that don't agree with businesses that are enriching a certain family at our expense.   Perhaps friends of a wild Utah could develop a similar campaign where companies that support the environment are rewarded and those that are insist upon taking away those public lands are shunned.  

I've contacted several companies that are opposite my beliefs and have closed accounts with them.  Vote with your feet, folks.  Our wild lands can only be lost once.  These are risky times and being informed and taking action is essential.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#42 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

There are many businesses in Utah that I like to patronize but they or their neighbors voted those folks into office so I'll be spending in other states for a while.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#43 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:08 PM

There are many businesses in Utah that I like to patronize but they or their neighbors voted those folks into office so I'll be spending in other states for a while.

I hate the idea of punishing the small businesses because of what the politicians have done/are doing.  I have friends there who guide and work in other tourism dependent industries and realize that a boycott will hurt the small towns where many like minded individuals live and that will further propagate the problem if they are forced to move out of state because there are no longer jobs to support them.

The imperfect solution that I have come up with is that for every tax dollar that goes to the state of Utah through gasoline or other purchases I will make a donation of equal or greater value to SUWA, GSENM Partners, Friends of Cedar Mesa or one of the other organizations fighting for Utah's public lands.  This will be beyond the donations I'm already making to those organizations.  It isn't a perfect solution but it will help me feel a little less guilty about spending time there.

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#44 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

I hate to punish them too, but somebody voted those clowns into office and hate to help pay their salaries via sales or gasoline tax. If the locals don't feel a bit of a pinch and do something about their own state I don't know who can. It's a lose lose situation either way IMO.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#45 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

Things are getting even weirder in Utah:

http://www.sltrib.co...-purchase-bears

They now want to buy Bears Ears from the Feds.....

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

#46 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

Things are getting even weirder in Utah:

http://www.sltrib.co...-purchase-bears

They now want to buy Bears Ears from the Feds.....

My 4 letter reaction to this  probably would be censored from the site even though there were no terms expressly used.

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users