63 replies to this topic

#31 Old Iron

Old Iron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

I'm not seeing much shade under your awning:) Just giving you a hard time. Nice awning.

#32 cvant

cvant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

Geez, tough crowd.......Yeah, I know. I didn't really need any shade as the sun was going down. I just set it up to take the photos.

#33 JEMiller

JEMiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

cvant, I just bought a Batwing and am replicating much of what you did here. I too don’t want to add holes to the camper. Have you made any changes to the design? Also wondering what you came up with for the tightening system at the end. They send what looks like a plastic boat cleat that you would hook to and pull the whole system taught at the end. I’m hesitant to use it and not sure where to mount it anyway. Did you come up with anything for the pop up latch? I’ll try and post pics of what I come up with as mine is being fabbed in steel. Thanks in advance, I know it’s been a while since the last post but there ain’t much out there in terms of a fabbed setup for a 270° awning on our rigs.

#34 Aussiedor

Aussiedor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:18 PM

Hope these pics will help people out.  

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0954.jpg
  • IMG_0955.jpg

#35 Aussiedor

Aussiedor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:20 PM

This system is bolted to the support legs.  No holes were drilled into the camper.  

#36 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Very nice Aussiedor. I like! Clean and functional looking, best of all no holes drilled into camper.
Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#37 cvant

cvant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

Nice! I haven’t changed my design as it seems to work okay. I only use it in the heat of the summer, so at the moment it is off of the camper and packed away. I do find that it is not a good thing to use when it is very windy, and the desert here can be very windy. I used the longer 1” square rod to get the awning height as high as possible. I still use the stock tie downs, and make sure to use them all in case of wind.

#38 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:47 PM

cvant, I just bought a Batwing and am replicating much of what you did here. I too don’t want to add holes to the camper. Have you made any changes to the design? Also wondering what you came up with for the tightening system at the end. They send what looks like a plastic boat cleat that you would hook to and pull the whole system taught at the end. I’m hesitant to use it and not sure where to mount it anyway. Did you come up with anything for the pop up latch? I’ll try and post pics of what I come up with as mine is being fabbed in steel. Thanks in advance, I know it’s been a while since the last post but there ain’t much out there in terms of a fabbed setup for a 270° awning on our rigs.

JEMiller,

Here are some pics of my install, different awning and camper but might give you ideas.  I used 1x2 aluminum for the uprights to clear the roof so that it could be placed higher to clear the camper door.  The rear is solid aluminum bar and the front upright is tube.  Then, 1x aluminum angle for the awning attachment pieces at the top of the bars.

i-7HJN87r-M.jpg

i-qRhQbx6-L.jpg

i-NT6qZ5d-L.jpg

i-vb7qVQ3-L.jpg

20180930_171229-XL.jpg

20180803_163554-L.jpg

Edited by jimjxsn, 01 February 2019 - 11:50 PM.

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#39 cvant

cvant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:54 PM

Looks good! For a second I was wondering why there were a bunch of pigeons sitting your roof though.

#40 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,078 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

Aussiedor, nice work... is it still solid after use? Any updates/changes? Most importantly where did you source your mount materials?

If I could do the same I would be able to eliminate the install price.  Thanks for your photos = 1000 words. 

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users