12 replies to this topic

#1 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

Guys-when I tried to log in I was told i had an insecure log in page and after several minutes of trying to retrieve my old pass word by trying to identify what a bunch of beer cans meant in relationship to my pass word and user name (Smokecreek1)-it's been 8 or 9 years since i first signed on to the site-I found my self on my fire fox security pass word/log on page telling me about all the new security steps they had been taking of late and what new opportunities  were available to me now! Anyway, somehow I hit the right button and ended up back here on the blank log in page where I typed in my name-Smokecreek1  and my old password (I think) and I'm here live again! 

Of late I have had a little problem with some fake Dell teckies calling from somewhere in southern central calif and telling  me I needed their service/aid/ help so they could update my system.for only so much $-I fell for that line several years ago and had my system hacked but got my money back but a couple of times a year they still call and I hang up!  According to my security system (Panda) everything is okay! Hope I';m not infected or something, anyway, thought I should let you guys know what happened!  Okay I'm going to log off now and try to come back on!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#2 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

Smoke, I've had the same warning message on my login page (also using Firefox)- insecure login. So far I am ignoring it but I suppose someone knowledgeable should check into it.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#3 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

Okay, I just went through some type of updating process that I did several times and here I am again. Was that what I was supposed to do? It had the same page that said my user name/log on page for this site was insecure and I needed to update and after a few tries I'm here again. Is this something. I noted three figures in the upper left had top part of the site page-one with an X through it ---it's gone now.  I'll just leave myself logged on and you guys can go from there-sorry about this, my few pc skills seem to have been over taxed by this !

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

Al/Smoke  I get that same message on one of our friends e-mail,from Eugene, Or.

I also just ignore it.

Haven't had any issues with WTW.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#5 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:22 AM

Here's a screenshot of the WTW login page when I go to log in on Firefox (version 52.0):

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 8.17.45 PM.png

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:16 AM

I just logged out and logged back in. I had the same page that all of you reported. I have not seen the not secure notice previously. I'll report this up the food chain.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

That is one advantage to having a MacBook Air - the last thing Apple would do is call someone to ask for

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#8 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

Tried it using Chrome, no problems. No issue using IE either.

Those fake calls are pretty common. My dad nearly fell for one before he wised up. Guess my training paid off. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#9 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

This may be what's happening ->> Firefox 52 Warns of Login Fields on Insecure Pages .

Chrome is also doing a similar thing.  I'm running an old OS X and Chrome on my laptop and it does not give a warning.  But my wife's MacOS Sierra laptop has the latest Chrome and it displays the words 'Not Secure' next to the URL window at the top of the page when the login window comes up.

Apparently the browser industry is pushing web sites (like WtW) to switch from HTTP to HTTPS for web pages which prompt for user-IDs and passwords.

Edited by Old Crow, 17 March 2017 - 08:03 PM.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#10 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

Maybe I am not getting that message because I don't sign out every time.

Who knows. I still say all this tech stuff is just a "passing fancy". Ha Ha.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users