#1 Muley

Muley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSouthern Idaho

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hello all;

I read an article on here last year about a guy here had some decals made that looked just like the old emblems.  I would like to buy another emblem, but have had no luck finding one. So, does anybody know who I'm referring to that would have made these decals?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Ripperj

Ripperj

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

User thisoldcamper

#3 Muley

Muley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSouthern Idaho

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:42 PM

Thank you Ripperj

#4 Grrlartist

Grrlartist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

I was curious about this, also ~ my camper has the screw mounting holes for the insignia. Are the decals opaque, so you don't see the mounting holes anymore? The photos I have seen of them look really good, but I wondered if the holes would show through...

Jo

Edited by Grrlartist, 13 April 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#5 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

Don't know on the screw holes but thought I'd link to the Alaskan Decal thread from 2014 for its photos and background info on the decals.

Also- A link in post 14 of that thread leads to this photo.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#6 Muley

Muley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSouthern Idaho

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

I ordered one last week. Pending my restoration efforts, it will be installed facing front. I've had no luck finding an original emblem.

#7 Grrlartist

Grrlartist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:43 AM

I ordered one last week. Pending my restoration efforts, it will be installed facing front. I've had no luck finding an original emblem.

Congrats Muley! When you receive it, could you post a photo of the decal itself? I'm curious to know if it has a clear background or white background, and also how it is affixed to the camper (slide decal or peel and stick). Would also like to know if it could be applied to glass. Thanks!

#8 thisoldcamper

thisoldcamper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationIrmo, SC

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

Here's the picture that I posted last year about my decals.  It still looks as good as new another year later. As you can see, it's a solid white background with red, green and brown.

gallery_5608_781_15649.jpg

#9 Ripperj

Ripperj

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

I ordered 4 , they should be here today. I'll post a pic

#10 Grrlartist

Grrlartist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:34 AM

Thanks, this is just what I was wondering. I am stripping my shell back to aluminum, trying to figure out if this decal would look okay on the aluminum. So, is it a peel and stick vinyl decal?

Here's the picture that I posted last year about my decals.  It still looks as good as new another year later. As you can see, it's a solid white background with red, green and brown.

gallery_5608_781_15649.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users