#1 JimArneson

JimArneson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMinnetonka, MN

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

Hello Everyone,

I just ordered a FWC Hawk (from Sean at Go Anywhere in Wisconsin) and have a question (probably not my last) about the dimensions of the bed before and after after sliding it out. I ordered the King Bed upgrade and presume that the quick sketch I made here accurately depicts the dimensions. Can anyone here confirm these are correct or point me to a more "official" set of numbers. I could not find the information anywhere myself.

Hawk%20Floorplan%20%28King%29-XL.jpg

#2 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Mine is a grandby and your dimensions are correct for what I have on mine. I just measured the part from start of cab to end of extension and got the additional 30" or so. Very rough measurements

F150 & FWC

#3 camper rich

camper rich

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

We have a new Grandby with the king bed.  I just went out and measured the bed at 77" wide and 75" long.  It has a 47" x 77" cushion and four 14" x 38-1/2" cushions.  I don't know if the Hawk has a larger bed than our Grandby

#4 JimArneson

JimArneson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMinnetonka, MN

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for the quick response,

Here is my updated diagram...

Hawk%20Floorplan%20%28King%29-XL.jpg

#5 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

Jim, Congrats. We bought our camper from Sean. Post pictures. jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#6 Sir Walter

Sir Walter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

We're debating getting the King bed upgrade also.  How is it?  Sleeping N->S has gotta be nice.  Any regrets?

Steve

#7 JimArneson

JimArneson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMinnetonka, MN

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Gotta be honest... Have not yet been out overnight in the camper. I have pulled the bed all the way out and tried it out. It seems really nice and is certainly spacious.

The Eclipse in Nebraska was our last camping adventure before my kids went back to school. We camped using our Roof Top Tent (on the pickup). Was hoping the FWC would be delivered in time... But it was not.

IMG_0139%282%29-XL.jpg

20170820_201220%282%29-L.jpg

Edited by JimArneson, 20 September 2017 - 09:21 PM.

#8 Outnabout

Outnabout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

King size option is well worth it in my opinion. Plenty of room and no climbing over for the late night wake ups.

#9 fireball

fireball

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Locationcentral PA

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

Isn't it a pain to always be making and unmaking the bed every night? We have the queen option and find ourselves pushing it in so that we can both sit at the table in the morning. Not a huge deal but a minor annoyance. I wish we had a few more inches of head room (taller pop up portion like the fleets) for easier maneuvering into and out of the bed area.

#10 Outnabout

Outnabout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Isn't it a pain to always be making and unmaking the bed every night? We have the queen option and find ourselves pushing it in so that we can both sit at the table in the morning. Not a huge deal but a minor annoyance. I wish we had a few more inches of head room (taller pop up portion like the fleets) for easier maneuvering into and out of the bed area.

I don't mind the maneuvering. In the Grandby there is still enough room to sit at the table with the bed fully slide out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hawk, King Bed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users