• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 slocomb

slocomb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Got a 130 Isotherm refrigerator already to drop in to replace an icebox, with vents installed and cabinet enlarged. The problem is I can't get the power wires to be hot. The fuse is in the refrigerator  socket (#2) but there is no 12 volt power at the refrigerator. The circuit breaker for the refrigerator is on and no 120 volt power is present at the refrigerator.

What do I need to connect to get the power I need? Can't see any loose wires floating around in the cabinet. I started to try to remove the entire face of the cabinet but even with all the screws loose only the right side is wiggling, it seems that there might be glue involved on the left side. 

#2 Esus

Esus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

You didn't bump the silver pull-push/main power switch in by any chance?

That fuse in #2 isn't burnt by any chance?

Edited by Esus, 25 April 2017 - 08:34 PM.

2015 Chevy Colorado, 2015 FWC Fleet

#3 slocomb

slocomb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

no and no.

#4 Esus

Esus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

no and no.

Well, if your old fridge had power something must have changed. Or you have a bum new fridge. 

2015 Chevy Colorado, 2015 FWC Fleet

#5 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:26 AM

Icebox=no power. Did you double check the fuse? Should have power if they wired it like mine.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#6 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:41 AM

Both sides of the fuse...

I am haunted by waters

#7 DavidO

DavidO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

I expect that because you had only an icebox that there was no need for wiring and none was done. Look on the fuse panel and see if a wire is attached to that fuse. If there is a wire what color is it, does it match what you tried to use to attach to the refrigerator? FWC put extra wires in that same location for a fan to help vent the refrigerator. Maybe you found those wires (if you have them) they go to the side of the propane box to where the switch for the floor lights and outside spotlights would be.

For the 120 volt power a regular plug outlet box was added in the space that holds the refrigerator and that should be wired to the GFI outlet in the camper. I expect that that also was not done.

I've attached a photo of my fuse panel showing where the wire attaches to the fuse panel. Note each wire is a different color this can help you in chasing down wiring problems.

I hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• refer wire.jpg

#8 slocomb

slocomb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

ended up running a cable from the 12v fuse box to the refrig area. The ac was obtained from an ac outlet hidden in back of the little cupboard that was filled with toilet paper rolls right next to the refrig area. Its all done and I even added a fan with lite power switch for its operation. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refrigerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users