• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 26 October 2020 - 03:43 PM

Just installed a “freeze proof silcock” in my cabin, 7200’. Indeed, the valve stop is way back in the extended pipe several inches in length depending on your climate, protected by a warmer temp. The idea is for the unit to be installed with a slight tilt down, back towards the supply line. My process is to turn off the entire supply to the house, which has a stop waste valve 40” underground, and then open the silcock to drain any residual water. Short story made long, I don’t think it’s the solution you’re looking for in a camper but as always, YMMV. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#92 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 27 April 2021 - 06:57 PM

Oh dang, that flange on Ebay is no longer available.

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#93 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 28 April 2021 - 04:54 AM

There are other sellers on ebay.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#94 rover67

rover67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIn the Foothills of Boulder, Co

Posted 27 July 2021 - 03:19 PM

I just ordered the parts, figured I'd elaborate on what the latest that's available is. The flange I got was from ebay, there are quite a few available. The one got was USA made from a veteran owned business and was linked previously:

https://www.ebay.com...353.m2749.l2649

flange.JPG

Description:

This Company Is Operated By A 100% Disabled Marine Corps, Combat Engineer Veteran...

This is a very High Quality, RV Fresh Water Supply Drain Valve Flange.

Attention Air Stream Owners!!!

This listing in for one (1) Drain Valve Flange Only...

"The 1/8 NPT Brass Valve Is Not Included In This Listing."

It's pictured only for illustration purposes, but can be purchased at most any automotive parts store, as it's an Eaton 1/8" NPT traditional drain valve, designed for older vehicles.

This is now, only available in anodized black!!!

This product was designed & built by a master machinist that was tired of replacing cheap, imported plastic mass production drain valves, that are designed to fail...They do not stand up to direct sunlight or harsh elements and require continual replacement.

This drain flange is CNC machined from a solid piece of High Quality 6061 T6 Aluminum and is designed to accept 3/8" or 1/2" drain lines, as there is approximately .0075 clearance on each side of the aluminum barbs, for easy insertion and clamping, to the 3/8" or 1/2" poly tubing.  And best of all, they are made here in the USA!!!  The drain flange was also machined to accept any 1/8 NPT thread drain valve.  We suggest brass or a quality valve that will not become brittle and crack, as most cheap drain flanges do...The standard color is anodized black...

The mounting hole spacing, is 1.50" center to center, just as the plastic drain flange is.  We advise purchasing the flange in anodized black, as that eliminates the possibility of any possible oxidation down the road.

With proper winterization, this is the last drain valve flange you will ever buy!!!

The valve I got was also linked previously and is a LASCO 17-0939. Available in many different places but I used Amazon. 

Lasco site:

https://www.lasco.ne...cp-valve-p-7928

amazon link:

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

valve.JPG

- Marco

2010 Tundra DC w/ 2021 FWC Hawk, 1997 Toyota Landcruiser, 1982 Toyota Landcruiser 

#95 rustytinbender

rustytinbender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSE Wisconsin

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:31 AM

My solution to the cheap broken plastic drain valve is similar to Gaylon's. I bought the same flange he did on eBay <http://www.ebay.com/itm/181845510888>. It's pricey but well made and the mounting holes are the same as the old valve. When I unscrewed the old valve from the back camper wall I was able to pull out enough of the plastic drain hose to clamp with my little Vise Grips and then install  the new flange.

I did get the petcock valve as recommended (see pictures) but have found I like the brass plug better. No worry about breaking it off and water flows out faster than with the petcock. I don't drain the tank often so all in all I like the new setup.

I did the same thing!

#96 storm

storm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 10:31 PM

This setup works perfectly for me. Only sticks out 1.5". Smooth action on ball valve. 

DERNORD 1/8 inch Stainless Mini Ball Valve NPT Female x Male Thread SUS316 ($12)

RV FRESH WATER DRAIN VALVE FLANGE 3/8" or 1/2" WON'T FAIL EVER AGAIN!!!  ($23)

(I tried to upload pics, but the limit is 500k per image)

Edited by tstorm, 31 January 2022 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users