• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 Ramblinman

Ramblinman

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

Thanks Bill..does or did FWC use different designs for these drain spigots over the years?  

Why would Ramblin have multi failures?

..I will indeed keep a weather eye on the drain spigot in our '16 Hawk...

Phil

I use mine at least 3 or 4 times a day when the camper is in use. I travel with 2 dogs and this is how I fill their bowls. I also use it to wash my hands. When the tab inevitably breaks you can still operate the spigot with a Leatherman tool or something similar. Just annoying.

I think the plastic replacement is less than 5 dollars.

Edited by Ramblinman, 05 May 2017 - 01:34 AM.

#22 gaylon

gaylon

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationBoulder Creek

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:45 AM

One problem with the valve I used is the 1/4" compression outlet.  Nothing that I know of threads to 1/4" compression and I don't want a permanent hose connected via standard compression method...  I might keep looking for another valve unless i can find a fitting that screws onto 1/4" compression threads... 

2015 Hawk on a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro

#23 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

This is a good topic. I also would like to see FWC upgrade this part. I have been very careful and use it only to drain the tank. 4 years ago someone showed a squiggly connector for the outside shower. I bought one and another fitting that is threaded. That is where I fill the dog bowl and wash my hands when I'm grilling. I will take a photo this weekend. I'm not sure I can find who the mfg. is. jd

Edited by longhorn1, 05 May 2017 - 12:13 PM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#24 hebegebe

hebegebe

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationLA and San Diego

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

I just installed these replacement parts today and they are high quality and fit like a glove. Never did like the cheap stocker I will finger tighten a short stainless plumbing supply line for a hose and I doubt it will leak as there is no pressure. Super nice to wash yr hands after playing in the mud!

#25 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

I just installed these replacement parts today and they are high quality and fit like a glove. Never did like the cheap stocker I will finger tighten a short stainless plumbing supply line for a hose and I doubt it will leak as there is no pressure. Super nice to wash yr hands after playing in the mud!

Can you list the part sources and perhaps a photo?

Thanks..Phil

#26 hebegebe

hebegebe

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

The parts are referenced earlier in the thread and the flexible supply is just like what you have for yr household toilet

#27 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

The parts are referenced earlier in the thread and the flexible supply is just like what you have for yr household toilet

Gaylon referenced this valve which is not available...did you use this one?  https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I missed it, what is a "flexible supply"?

Thanks..

Edited by Wallowa, 06 May 2017 - 04:10 PM.

#28 hebegebe

hebegebe

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Yes I used that exact valve, I don't have the supply hose yet but the threads are extremely common interface with plumbing parts as is the valve itself. Look around Phil you will find what you need!

#29 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:27 PM

Yes I used that exact valve, I don't have the supply hose yet but the threads are extremely common interface with plumbing parts as is the valve itself. Look around Phil you will find what you need!

Thanks..FYI, as I said above that valve found at this website [https://www.amazon.c...?ie=UTF8&psc=1]

is "unavailable"; but I can find something similar.

#30 PJorgen

PJorgen

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNorthern Nevada

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:54 AM

Was very bummed to see that the ball valve was unavailable from Amazon.  I'd already ordered the flange and should have jumped on the valve.

Ordered this instead: http://www.ebay.com/itm/361667011248

Should be here next week, I'll post more info when I get it.

2014 Hawk, Silver Spur exterior on a 2012 GMC 2500HD 4x4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users