45 replies to this topic

#31 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

Thom,  Let me know if  you find a good affordable external AC power inlet.  

I'm just adding another outlet to the camper's 120 VAC system to plug the charger into, but possibly this for your needs?

https://www.amazon.c...d=1WJFO5EAJMISV

81HoORya9rL._SL1500_.jpg

Thom

Where does that road go?

#32 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

that will work.  I was looking at 30A inlets before, they are a lot pricier!  Thanks for the idea

#33 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

For 30A I'd probably do something like this:

https://www.westmari...22?recordNum=56

6885222.jpg

Thom

Where does that road go?

#34 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, me too.  I was hoping for less expensive and higher quality...    :P

#35 bike4mee

bike4mee

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDurango Colorado

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:36 PM

Solar panel tends them in summer. In winter bring them inside so they dont freeze. It's easy and costs nothing

#36 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Solar panel tends them in summer. In winter bring them inside so they dont freeze. It's easy and costs nothing

My rig is garaged.

#37 GDinMT

GDinMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

First winter with my camper and want to make sure the batteries stay healthy (2- 12V AMG). I live in the Mountain West where freezing temps exist throughout the winter. My camper will be off the truck and inside my garage, but the garage is not heated and temps get below freezing inside the garage (20's deg F typically). Thinking about two options:

1) Leave plugged into shore power inside garage with batteries being maintained from IOTA with IQ4.

2) Remove batteries from camper and bring into house so they do not experience freezing temps. Maintain with NOCO Genius G7200.

Thoughts?

P.S. - If Option 2, can I hook up batteries in parallel and maintain them both using one NOCO G7200? Or do I need to maintain them separately and swap the charger between the two ever week or so?

Thanks.

Edited by GDinMT, 23 October 2018 - 02:12 AM.

#38 GDinMT

GDinMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:59 PM

Bump. Anyone?

#39 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:25 PM

First winter with my camper and want to make sure the batteries stay healthy (2- 12V AMG).  I live in the Mountain West where freezing temps exist throughout the winter.  My camper will be off the truck and inside my garage, but the garage is not heated and temps get below freezing inside the garage (20's deg F typically).  Thinking about two options:

P.S. - If Option 2, can I hook up batteries in series and maintain them both using one NOCO G7200?  Or do I need to maintain them separately and swap the charger between the two ever week or so?

Thanks.

If they could freeze I would go with option 2. However, you need to wire in Parallel to charge both at the same time. Series would give you 24v. + to + and - to -  just be sure to hook the changer to the + on one batter and the - on the other battery. 

Edited by billharr, 22 October 2018 - 11:27 PM.

#40 GDinMT

GDinMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

If they could freeze I would go with option 2. However, you need to wire in Parallel to charge both at the same time. Series would give you 24v. + to + and - to - just be sure to hook the changer to the + on one batter and the - on the other battery.

Parallel, yep. Brain fart. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battery, Maintenance, Life, Storage, care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users