• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

I am trying to remove the dinette table in our 2014 Hallmark. I believe it should just lift up (the dinette can be made into a bed) but won't budge. The pole seems fixed in place and will not move up, down or rotate. I tried tapping on the pole with a soft hammer but that didn't loosen it. Any tips? 

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 CTD, Crew Cab, 8' box, Hallmark Guanella 

#2 BILL98388

BILL98388

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:44 AM

A picture might help us figure out how to help.

Bill

Bill

2014 Grandby on 2015 4x4 Tundra (8-ft bed)

Steilacoom, WA

#3 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

A picture might help us figure out how to help.

Bill

Thanks but I was checking if another Hallmark owner had the same problem and came to a solution. It's just a current Hallmark's dinette table as shown below. The table and pole should lift out of the subfloor. 

cuchara-dinette.jpg

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

It might be worth a call to Hallmark...

I am haunted by waters

#5 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

It might be worth a call to Hallmark...

Maybe but they were closed yesterday when I was working on it. 

#6 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

I finally got someone on the phone at Hallmark. I was lucky to get through because they just returned from a 10-day summer vacation and are swamped with calls. Well, everyone is entitled to a vacation but they might have had a phone recording explaining that, or a banner on their webpage instead of an easy-to-miss notice near the bottom. 

In any case, I was told that the tube tends to freeze in the floor and table holders. Lubricant and a lot of forceful wiggling will free it which worked. Of course, one of the thin aluminum holders broke when I forced it so I now I must replace the $7 part.

Hallmark said that I should put wax on the pole ends to prevent the problem. Something else to add to the yearly checklist for those of us with these pole style tables. They added that a new table design was adopted recently. 

#7 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:28 AM

Bigfoot my pole is stuck to the bottom of the table. Are you saying that I should just apply more force to separate them?
I have now way to store the table with the pole attached...

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#8 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

One or more of the better penetrant/lubricants like PB Blaster sprayed into the gap and tapping it with hammer or wrench over several days might tend to loosen it sufficiently to break it loose. I have found that patience, penetrants, and vibration can be as powerful as brute force in removing stuck parts.

At least, until I reach the point that losing to stubbornly stuck parts exceeds my reluctance to opening my wallet for purchasing replacement parts. :(

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#9 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

I took the opportunity to use my newly acquired strap wrench and try to loose it.
After a considerable amount of effort I was successful! I will wax the ends and hope that keeps it from happening again.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#10 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSanta Rosa, Calif

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

shaved beeswax and turpentine...the turp dissolves the beeswax....just enough turp to make a paste..

mixed in an old artichoke heart jar...or something similar...with a small cotton rag left in the jar (for future use)...

I've got a jar which has been recharges a number of times...with the same old 1970 cotton rag....

the wax doesn't disappear...it just wears off with use..the more use, the more applications

(used on woodworking hand tools as well, ie planes and hand saws, tablesaw tops)

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hallmark, table, dinette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users