• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Collincmitchell

Collincmitchell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:09 AM

Has anyone had any problems with there non-pressurized water tank fill line leaking? I have a recently purchased 2010 hawk and have had water leaking issues. Initially thought it was the water system and had fwc factory take a look and they did not find a leak under pressure. They said the tightened some of the connections and tested it. I thought the leak was fixed then this last trip i went on I filled the tank from my garden hose and the next morning found a puddle of water on the floor. After cleaning up the water on the floor, I used the water system all weekend with not any problems. I haven't taken the cabinets apart yet to dig into the problem. Thought I would start here for some advice. I've been filling the tank and when it overflows I turn off the hose. Is there a better way to determine its full?

Could I be filling the water tank with too much pressure? Maybe just a loose hose clamp on the fill line? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks - Collin

#2 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:19 AM

One idea is to drain a little bit of water out of your tank after you fill it - just a liter or two to empty the fill and vent lines.   Clearly you have some sort of leak in one of these lines, but it is likely exacerbated by leaving water sitting in these lines after you fill. 

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

#3 AK Nomad

AK Nomad

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

I don't believe you are filling the water tank with too much pressure. That is what the overflow is for, and it doesn't sound like your overflow is restricted.  When I fill my tank, I put the hose in the inlet, and wait for water to spill out the overflow.  Mine has never leaked.  You likely have a leak somewhere on the fill hose OR overflow hose connections, just like you suspect.  Best of luck finding it.

#4 Collincmitchell

Collincmitchell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

So I did some investigating and tore apart my cabinets. The leak appears to be coming from the elbow on the non-pressurized fill line. Called 4-wheel camper to make an appointment for a repair and they said it was a common thing to have leaks at the elbow...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Water tank leak, hose leak, fill hose, Water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users