• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#11 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK Canada

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:11 AM

I don't know about your max tire pressure on the grabbers, but I"ve owned several 10ply tires and I run 70-80 when I have a load...sounds like 40 is the reason for your sway to me.

max pressure for my tires is 80 PSI

#12 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

they are together, air goes into both air bags at the same time

I wouldn't do that for two reasons. Chances are the camper doesn't weigh the same on both sides and what rruff said.  I have a 2017 Tundra and an ATC Panther, using ride rite air bags and TRD rear sway bar.  I hardly need any air in the air bags.  Each air bag has it's own air line.

However the ATC Panther is probably lighter than the FWC Hawk.

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#13 MattC

MattC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:16 AM

This is probably a lot of the problem. 

Separate the bags, and add some pressure to the tires, and it will probably be better.

#14 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:22 AM

This is probably a lot of the problem.
Separate the bags, and add some pressure to the tires, and it will probably be better.

ill try 50 psi, in the rear tires (from 40), then maybe 60, then separate the airbags

#15 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:29 AM

I have a 05 Tundra with a Hawk. I am running 55 pounds of air in the back and 50 in the front I have E and D rated tires depending on the time of year. I am running 20 pounds in the Ride Rites. I am with the other guys that are saying you need to separate the air bags.  When the truck leans the air goes from one side to the other. The Ride Rites take such a minuscule amount of air it doesn't take much to change a lot. I would separate them then adjust your tires. 

Edited by idahoron, 19 December 2017 - 03:30 AM.

#16 rruff

rruff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationRuidoso, NM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:04 AM

That's probably the culprit.

#17 MattC

MattC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:03 PM

ill try 50 psi, in the rear tires (from 40), then maybe 60, then separate the airbags

I would recomend that you separate the bags first.

that will probably make the biggest difference. 

They should never be hooked together, because as air is pushed out of one it gets pushed into the other magnifying the effect. 

#18 ottorogers

ottorogers

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

I have a 05 Tundra with a Hawk. I am running 55 pounds of air in the back and 50 in the front I have E and D rated tires depending on the time of year. I am running 20 pounds in the Ride Rites. I am with the other guys that are saying you need to separate the air bags. When the truck leans the air goes from one side to the other. The Ride Rites take such a minuscule amount of air it doesn't take much to change a lot. I would separate them then adjust your tires.

good advise, thanks, this makes sense

#19 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

I have a 05 Tundra with a Hawk. I am running 55 pounds of air in the back and 50 in the front I have E and D rated tires depending on the time of year. I am running 20 pounds in the Ride Rites. I am with the other guys that are saying you need to separate the air bags.  When the truck leans the air goes from one side to the other. The Ride Rites take such a minuscule amount of air it doesn't take much to change a lot. I would separate them then adjust your tires. 

Same here...loaded '16 Hawk on '05 AC Cab Tundra...currently "D" tires at 50 psi and 32 psi left air bag and 28 right air bag....I equalized [air pressures for height and load] height until the top of each fender well is 35"...I do have an anti-sway bar on rear which greatly reduced any sway..

#20 So Cal Adventurer

So Cal Adventurer

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

Definitely separate the bags for reasons already mentioned.

Follow My Shenanigans: instagram.com/campermccampface

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users