• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 justbecause

justbecause

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

I have been running E rated generals for almost 5 yeas. They are so much better in every way than the LT bridgestones I replaced.

I did the 3 pack add a leaf pack to the OEM suspension, which almost everyone over on clubfrontier said was a junk solution to the issues of stock springs. Sure enough... they lasted about a year.

I am running the OME HD springs front and rear with bilstein 5100s now and am very happy with the set up.

ARB with warn 8.5k up front.

rear has a fiberglass camper shell, 45qt ARB freezer, 2nd battery, oz-tent, cast iron cooking set, stove, recovery gear, camping gear, 5 gallons of water, small tool kit. I think the HD kit would ride awful without a constant load. I think a leaf pack upgrade is necessary on frontiers, and if you are going to be constantly changing between no weight and lots of weight OME, or TJM light or medium duty springs plus an airbag kit is the way to go. 

Vehicle is a 2011 pro4x crew cab short bed (unfortunately) 120k miles currently running 265x75x16s, next set will be the 235x85s I have been told the skinnier tire helps with our awful turning radius. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: airbag pressure, tire pressure, air spring pressure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users