#11 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:35 AM

^ funny, this ...

58510-STRAP-285x170.jpg

was going to be my alternate suggestion.

A pair, min 2" web, with the caveat to first determine that hat there is a good place to attach under the body (there are flat hook versions that can work on C channel frames).  Believe me, it's been done before ...

Having a pick up, straps like these are useful thing to carry around ... even as a back up plan.

Good luck  !

#12 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

Hello gifslp
Congrats on the camper. I'm sure you have verified fitment for your specific vehicle , just thought I'd mention it. I do not think you would have much of a problem, doing it per FWC instructions, if you were prepared. I would say a second set of hands would be very helpful. My opinion is 250 miles is a long way with out it being properly secured. Hard to control the environment.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#13 Southpaw Surfer

Southpaw Surfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast California

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

Thanks everybody for the tips and suggestions. It was a successful trip to pick it up. Ended up not messing around or chancing anything and installed the eyebolts on site.

The seller was really great. Not only did he help me install the eye-bolts but he and someone he hired to work on his property helped me spot it while I loaded the Hawk for the first time. That would have been beyond nerve racking to go it alone on my first attempt.

On top of that it was only the second day of snow in Sonora this year the day before the pick up. Since I was pulling a trailer to bring home the custom dolly that he had built for the trailer and there was plenty of ice on the road to his place he arranged for me to drop the trailer at his buddies house at a lower elevation.

At the end after all the help he provided we loaded the dolly in his truck and he drove it down to his buddies and helped me load it on the trailer.

Really a great guy and a great FWC Hawk. It's a 2008 and he only used it twice and garaged it all these years. The refrigerator, water tank, water pump, water heater were never used. I tested them all out and they work perfectly. It even smelled new when I opened the door.

Taking her out on her maiden voyage with her new family tomorrow night. We are both very happy.

pai-6mlV7nxRD0qe5qmplzM3i8LWqwUga1rIdSu_

Relax and have a homebrew,

Greg
2009 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 FWC Hawk

#14 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:28 AM

Congrats on a finding an almost new 2008 Hawk.  Not an easy task.  Enjoy.  Glad to see it will finally get used.

#15 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:31 AM

Hi new owner,

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to say hello to some of the alius names folks use.

Glad you got it home but make sure now to snug things up if needed....

You will find lots of discussion of turnbuckles etc on the forum.

Can you try again with the picture ?

Thanks

David Graves

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installationtowing, hawk, dodge ram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users