Photo
- - - - -

New Swift Camper, Mods, Upgrades Etc......Pic Heavy.

swift fwc four wheel camper Tacoma Toyota

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#11 Elken

Elken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSW Idaho

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:13 AM

Nice camper & truck!

#12 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Why does your camper overhang the box when it is a new build, which I assume would be made for your truck?

#13 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:41 AM

Very nice. Lotsa memories to be made in that rig!

#14 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

Congrats!   Looking forward to some trip reports. 

#15 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:21 AM

FINALLY!!!

I knew this was gonna be posted up soon. Congratulations. Looks awesome. I can't wait to start seeing trip reports.

Some thoughts from my perspective. I do like that Batwing other than how much it sticks up above the roof. Maybe it is just perspective. Definitely like those LED strips inside compared to the older style lights. Hmmmm wonder what would be necessary to wire up some color changing smaller strips. I wish FWC would offer no heater in the shell models again. The bench fits so much better on the drivers side. Even though the Tacoma has the notorious "drivers side lean" you don't have to worry about it with the suspension set up you have. The way the door is offset to the side having the bench on the drivers side allows no overreach from the bottom of the couch. I think it would make it feel even more roomy on the wider models for small pickups. But being in the Pacific Northwest you'll be getting a lot of use out of the heater compared to other regions of the US.

What focal length lens are you using for the interior pics? Looks very wide. Gives a great perspective. FWC should hire you to do their photos.

Edited by ETAV8R, 07 March 2018 - 08:46 AM.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#16 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

FINALLY!!!

I knew this was gonna be posted up soon. Congratulations. Looks awesome. I can't wait to start seeing trip reports.

Some thoughts from my perspective. I do like that Batwing other than how much it sticks up above the roof. Maybe it is just perspective. Definitely like those LED strips inside compared to the older style lights. Hmmmm wonder what would be necessary to wire up some color changing smaller strips. I wish FWC would offer no heater in the shell models again. The bench fits so much better on the drivers side. Even though the Tacoma has the notorious "drivers side lean" you don't have to worry about it with the suspension set up you have. The way the door is offset to the side having the bench on the drivers side allows no overreach from the bottom of the couch. I think it would make it feel even more roomy on the wider models for small pickups. But being in the Pacific Northwest you'll be getting a lot of use out of the heater compared to other regions of the US.

What focal length lens are you using for the interior pics? Looks very wide. Gives a great perspective. FWC should hire you to do their photos.

you DONT have to order a furnace anymore, it was something they switched back to this year.....Order Away ETAV8R  :D

F150 & FWC

#17 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

you DONT have to order a furnace anymore, it was something they switched back to this year.....Order Away ETAV8R  :D

I don't need a second camper. Maybe they will switch back to the more narrow campers too.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#18 Frstnflt

Frstnflt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

You just pushed me over the edge to order a Swift!

keep the pics coming  B)

#19 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:57 AM

Excellent, and congratulations. I wonder what the percentage of Silver spur exteriors is to white. When we saw that SilveR Spur we knew we'd be ordering that. Enjoy.

#20 Timothy McGowen

Timothy McGowen

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:11 AM

Congrats!

2016 Ford F150 SuperCab 4X4 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost Engine

2016 FWC Hawk Front Dinette Silver Spur

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swift, fwc, four wheel camper, Tacoma, Toyota

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users