#11 sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:17 AM

That is very similar looking to me Northstar in set up.  I like your improvements!  Why did you have it on pallets in the truck?

#12 snwbdr94

snwbdr94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

That is very similar looking to me Northstar in set up. I like your improvements! Why did you have it on pallets in the truck?

Thanks! I have been watching your progress as well. Looks like you'll have it all situated soon enough! The pallets are used as a spacer. The camper won't clear the bed sides otherwise.

#13 snwbdr94

snwbdr94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:43 PM

RIP! Used once, had a delivery truck hit my rear end, force snapped the turnbuckles and over she went. Bummed all the work I did was destroyed. The lift mech got all bent up, front of roof was destroyed in the process of dragging onto flatbed tow truck. The fantastic fan vent cover is scratched yet not broken, that surprised me. Now to find a new camper that doesn't need nearly as much work and wait for the insurance company to figure out what they want to pay me for the camper.

Cux2WAP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by snwbdr94, 21 May 2018 - 11:44 PM.

#14 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:02 AM

Hope the insurance settlement goes well for you and a new camper is quickly in your future. Passengers and truck okay?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#15 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

That’s a sad way for all your work to end up. I hope you weren’t hurt.

I am haunted by waters

#16 snwbdr94

snwbdr94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:12 AM

Its a bummer but it could have been worse. Neither one of us were injured and this is a good reason I buy cheaper vehicles. Second accident this year where someone wasn't paying attention and hit me. Just cosmetic damage to the truck box, bent 2 mounts, and a broken tail light. I will pull anything I added in the camper to swap to the next one so I won't be out much. Not too many options around the Midwest for campers but there are a couple for under 3k. Will be looking at one tomorrow. Cant wait around for insurance with memorial weekend coming up!

8AZi1jKh.jpg

#17 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:35 AM

Oh, that sucks!  Putting all that effort in and then getting smucked on first trip?  My sympathies, and I am glad noone was hurt.

#18 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:00 AM

Most important glad you weren't hurt!  I hope the documentation you did here will help you get some value for the work you put in.

jim

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#19 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:28 AM

Ouch! Total bummer! Like others, glad no one was hurt. Good luck working through the insurance and finding another camper.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#20 snwbdr94

snwbdr94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:30 AM

That didn't take long, picked up a new camper today. Upgraded from a camper that fit your midsize truck to a camper that fits a full size. More room for activities! It's a 1999 Sunlite RK SB. Has a futon couch and a queen bed. Looks like someone at some point cut part of the canvas to reinforce the front left mounting bracket. (I think that was odd.) Will need a good cleaning inside and out and will have to fabricate a new roof rack. Super excited to use it this weekend!

Side note, I'm a bit bummed the current vent cover doesn't clear an 8ft garage door. Doubt switching to a fantastic fan will fix that but it'll be nice to have.

VhYpIDjl.jpg
IvV8Pdel.jpg
LHiIgtul.jpg
4GGTcg1l.jpg
5Hp4JXKl.jpg
mm1bu2Tl.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users