25 replies to this topic

#21 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:16 AM

Congrats on the new camper! Have fun this weekend. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#22 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

Looks like you’re back in business, congrats!

I am haunted by waters

#23 Callumayers

Callumayers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:25 AM

Nice work on your project. I have recently been through all the same headaches that you have endured :lol:  I rebuilt a similar camper last summer; a 2001 Palomino Bronco 1200. I am running into issues with remounting my Heco lift system and I am wondering if someone could please take 2 minutes to share the measurements of the mounting points. I just need the distance between the front mounting points (centre of rod to centre of rod). I have sunk alot of money into this project and would really appreciate any help here. 

#24 TheWhiteFamily2013

TheWhiteFamily2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:41 AM

We are fixing the roof of our 1994 Discovery 192WS and we need help understanding the HECO system. When we first took off the canvas to see what we were dealing with, the L shaped bracket was dug into the roof and not even attached on the back piece of wood (previous owners shotty repair). We took all the rotten wood out and have bolted the L bracket into place, but the roof still isn't lifting evenly. The bar is bending so much that it digs into the roof in the middle of the ceiling. Not sure what advice you have to fix this.

#25 TheWhiteFamily2013

TheWhiteFamily2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:21 AM

Looks like my husband is going to add some gas pistons to the back for additional roof assist while lifting, putting less strain on the old lift system. It is very difficult to crank up and it does not hold in position if the crank is removed from the lift system which is a terrifying experience when you're inside, let me tell you. Hopefully this helps, I'll attempt an update with photos in the future.

#26 TheWhiteFamily2013

TheWhiteFamily2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 07:04 PM

quick update, we ordered 225lb pistons and they are simply too much for the roof, sending back and ordering new, smaller ones. Thinking 80-100lbs each.

Edited by TheWhiteFamily2013, 13 February 2021 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users