Photo

SOLD -1988 Six-Pac Mini 6ft - Sized for smaller trucks - Fits 1st Gen Tacoma Perfectly

Tacoma sixpac camper

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MatsSundinsMom

MatsSundinsMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

Asking 2900 2400 USD OBO

My wife and I bought this camper last year, made some small upgrades and refinished the interior. We have been travelling in it through the Western US and Central America for the past 7 months. In May we will be returning to Eastern Canada through the Eastern US (but can make detours for serious buyers).

Please see the information below and let me know if you have any questions. There are many more pictures available that I can send by email. Don't let my lengthy lists of cons get you down. I've been living in this for half a year now and I want to ensure that any potential buyer gets all the information up front.

Important: I do not have the four hydraulic jacks with me, they are in Eastern Canada.This will make the logistics of removing the camper more difficult. Possibly a local RV dealer would be able to rent jacks. I could ship the jacks ahead of time for a serious buyer. If not, I can also ship the jacks after the purchase if the buyer will split the shipping cost (est. 200 USD).

Info:

• Weighs 901 lbs equipped with 12 gallons of water and 20 lbs of propane.
  • Dimensions are such that it fits perfectly in a first generation Toyota Tacoma with a regular 6 ft bed (expect it would also fit similar trucks: ranger, frontier, etc) You'll notice that in the pictures my Tacoma has a stepside bed, as a result the camper sits an inch or so off the back.
  • Solar panel which I believe to be 100W with charge controller.
  • 35 Ah house battery with small charge display in the camper.
  • 300W AC inverter to supply 120V to AC outlets when no power is available.
  • Small 12V/120V/Propane fridge, Works well running propane, have never used it with 12V or 120V.
  • Blue Sea Automatic Charge relay to connect house battery to alternator charging circuit without the risk of running your staring battery empty.
  • Exterior Aluminum paneling in great condition.
  • New floors, new paint, new LED lights, new curtains.
  • Includes NOCO Genius GEN1 12V 10A battery charger.
  • Includes Brophy tie-downs that clamp on to the bed rail of the truck. Rear two are fairly bent.
  • Can include Firestone Ride-rite airbags. Brackets are specific to 1st Gen Toyota Tacomas. Brackets are a bit bent from a pretty serious speed bump in the Baja. 

Cons:

• Small leak developed around one of the mounting points for the solar panel. One of the corners was attached only by the aluminum exterior and eventually stripped. The other three corners are firmly mounted and sealed. I patched the leak with some duct tape and double sided tape a few months ago and haven't had any problem since.
  • Some wood at the lower back end of the camper has rotted. Does not appear to affect the structural integrity. (see pictures)
  • The escape hatch cover (not escape hatch itself) blew away somewhere in Mexico. Had an aluminum shop fab a replacement cover as their are no RV shops. It works but it's not the prettiest work. The hatch is a standardized size and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a replacement in the US.
  • Plastic cover for the fridge components also blew away, not a big deal other than cosmetics. Probably replaceable for cheap. 
  • Original anchor points on the camper were sawed off by a previous owner. They are replaceable if you are willing to cut into the walls. I was happy to put some new anchors in in a location that worked better for me, they have held up well.
  • No water tank as I hijacked the space for the inverter and some cleaning supplies. Sink still intact above and would be easy to put a water tank in if needed.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1861.JPG
  • IMG_1866.JPG
  • IMG_1897.JPG

Edited by MatsSundinsMom, 18 May 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#2 jaho

jaho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

I would love more information about your camper for sale.  We are trying to set up my girlfriends 2004 Tacoma to get her on the road and I love the little 6-packs.

Could you send some more photos, of both the good and the bad?  Do you have a table for it?

Furnace?

We are in Colorado, between Boulder and Telluride mostly, and a Colorado drop off in May could work great for us.

Thanks,

Josh

#3 MatsSundinsMom

MatsSundinsMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:30 PM

I would love more information about your camper for sale.  We are trying to set up my girlfriends 2004 Tacoma to get her on the road and I love the little 6-packs.

Could you send some more photos, of both the good and the bad?  Do you have a table for it?

Furnace?

We are in Colorado, between Boulder and Telluride mostly, and a Colorado drop off in May could work great for us.

Thanks,

Josh

I messaged you privately, thanks for your interest.

#4 MatsSundinsMom

MatsSundinsMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:30 PM

Here is an Imgur album with more pictures: https://imgur.com/a/wljMf

#5 TacomaJeff

TacomaJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationTroy

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

In Massachusetts.. Deffenetly one to consider for my 2nd gen.

#6 rtpvibes

rtpvibes

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:02 AM

Nice camper
For someone

#7 MatsSundinsMom

MatsSundinsMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

Price reduced to $2400 OBO!

Will be coming into the US through Texas in two weeks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tacoma, sixpac, camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users