2 replies to this topic

#1 Frstnflt

Frstnflt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

Hello I have a FWC Swift being installed next week and want to build a dolly and have it ready to remove it. Can someone please tell me the measurements of the floor pack or footprint as I would like it to be essentially the exact size and have it ready to go?

Thanks

#2 badtoytrd

badtoytrd

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationVA...for hopefully a short period of time...with WA on my mind

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:43 AM

It looks like according to FWC the Swift is 10" shorter than a Fleet but the floor pack should be the same width. The dimensions of my Fleet platform are: 39"W x 80"L. I almost wish I would have gone with a 39" x 78" because it would have allowed me to remove or install the trim without putting it on the jacks. You should be able to get away with 39"W x 70"L. I used 4x4s and plywood with 8" casters from HF. I will be posting pictures and measurements once I get the camper on the truck and I have some time.

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

2011 Four Wheel Campers Fleet

https://www.theadventuresofrubyd.com

#3 Frstnflt

Frstnflt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

It looks like according to FWC the Swift is 10" shorter than a Fleet but the floor pack should be the same width. The dimensions of my Fleet platform are: 39"W x 80"L. I almost wish I would have gone with a 39" x 78" because it would have allowed me to remove or install the trim without putting it on the jacks. You should be able to get away with 39"W x 70"L. I used 4x4s and plywood with 8" casters from HF. I will be posting pictures and measurements once I get the camper on the truck and I have some time.

Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FWC, four wheel campers, swift, dolly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users