• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

Very nice!!  Maybe someday... Other projects higher up on the priority list first.

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#12 Lineman

Lineman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

Bonus, I had enough material left over to build window and roof vent covers(its amazing how much heat comes in through the roof vents).  I built them all the same.  I cut reflectix to fit the opening, then used the reflectix as a template to cut the thinsulate, tacked the reflectix and insulation together with a few stitches and then wrapped the whole thing in the nylon.  They are friction fit where possible (the front and passenger side windows) and velcroed on everything else.  Here's a couple pictures of the front window cover.

gallery_6685_1235_23241.jpggallery_6685_1235_73167.jpg

I don't know if the thinsulate will really help here, but it can't really hurt.  I much prefer the look of the white covers vs bare reflectix.

#13 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

Very nice job.Let us know how well it works hot/cold.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#14 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:58 AM

Impressive! I (like many) already have the factory Liner. I wonder if the thinsulate could be added to it for more effectiveness?

#15 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:17 AM

Very nice work!

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#16 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

Really nice project Lineman. I'll second to get this pinned for others to be able to find easier. Bet it makes inside darker when all installed. That always feel cooler!

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#17 knoxswift

knoxswift

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAshburn, Virginia

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

WOW! Serious skills with the sewing!

I like the look. I will watch thread for real world results.

#18 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

Well done.

Put me on the list.

Give is a price I am sure several of us are interested. 

#19 Lineman

Lineman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:05 PM

Just got back from a two week trip that took us through Nashville, Savannah, Cocoa Beach, Orlando and back home.  I am pleased with the performance of the thermal pack so far, we managed to stay comfortable the entire trip even with daily highs in the upper 90's. 

The 5k btu AC unit would cool the camper to 70 degrees at night no problem and would maintain about a 10 degree lower temperature inside with the camper in direct sun and outside temps in the upper 90's.  I did test one afternoon without the thermal pack installed and AC would maintain about a 5 degree lower temperature inside.

Subjectively the gain felt larger than 5 degrees.  This is probably because the soft sides were the same temperature as the air inside the camper, where before they would get very hot in direct sun.  Several times I slipped my hand behind the thermal pack and was always surprised how hot it would be.  We used the camper at the beach and a day in a hospital parking lot (a family emergency, everyone is OK now) without any shore power for the AC and the thinsulate really helped out there as well.  It was like sitting in the shade vs direct sun, not necessarily comfortable, but much better.

One thing is for sure, going to the beach is much more enjoyable when you have a shower, a change of clothes and a cold drink waiting for you at the camper!

#20 RajaZoie

RajaZoie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

Really nice work! I love Seattle Fabrics :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users