• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,077 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:15 PM

I am right on it! This is a real treat-meal without too much fuss. Thanks for the idea!

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#12 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,315 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:41 PM

Yup, once it thaws out some here I need to make the Lady a big batch of beef ribs with the smoker. If we take ribs along on a trip, we eat 'em cold out on the trail and pack the bones out.

It's the least I can do. She making me an apple pie right now. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#13 BrianG

BrianG

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorthern Nevada

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

Costco has good pre-cooked ribs.

2018 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel, 2015 Hawk Silver Spur Exterior, Front Dinette

#14 roverjohn

roverjohn

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationKANSAS CITY

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

I sous vide them right in their vacuumed sealed package. Something like 3 hours at 165 degrees. They are done but do not look like it. At camp you could foil wrap them with sauce and dry rub to reheat and then finish them straight on the grill. I'm trying to learn eastern South Carolina BBQ so I haven't done ribs lately which means in the last few weeks..

#15 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,568 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

I sous vide them right in their vacuumed sealed package. Something like 3 hours at 165 degrees. They are done but do not look like it. At camp you could foil wrap them with sauce and dry rub to reheat and then finish them straight on the grill. I'm trying to learn eastern South Carolina BBQ so I haven't done ribs lately which means in the last few weeks..

Interesting technique. You had me looking for answers from Professor Google.

I am haunted by waters

#16 roverjohn

roverjohn

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationKANSAS CITY

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

BBQ is kind of a religion here so you need to learn the lingo. I'm kind of a heretic with my sous vide bath but the results are very nice. 

#17 Markgyver

Markgyver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:13 PM

I will smoke some ribs at home ahead of time wrap them in foil then toss them in the fire on the camp site

#18 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

Costco has good pre-cooked ribs.

I've been very happy with CostCo precooked ribs.

I just wrap them in several layers of HD aluminum foil and toss them on a bed of coals (if a fire is allowed) rotating every 5 minutes for about 20 minutes total time.  Camp fire not allowed, I break out the Snow Peak Field Oven.  I procrastinated a long time before making the oven purchase due to price;  but, it has been money well spent.

Sauce...many favorites, but my Go-To sauce when camping is Trader Joe's Carolina Gold.  A mustard base sauce.  The TJ hickory sauce is a camp site favorite as well.  

Edited by Advmoto18, 02 April 2019 - 03:04 PM.

South Carolina Low Country.  

#19 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Interesting technique. You had me looking for answers from Professor Google.

Here you go Steve...

Where I get my cookware and supplies.

South Carolina Low Country.  

#20 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

As a native and lifelong Eastern North Carolinian, and with tongue firmly planted in cheek, I must say:  Surely there can't be much to mastering the art of cooking South Carolina barbeque (said he as he turned his nose up in a particularly haughty manner).

Foy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users